lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2000 TXT series fixer upper - what would you do next?

I got this 2000 series TXT pretty cheap a few weeks ago. It had flip flop seats but nothing else added from original stock. I just got done adding a 6" jakes lift kit, rear Heavy Duty Springs, 22" 12 10 wheels/tires. and tonight I'm gonna put in a horn, voltmeter, remount a radio and speakers and a few switches.

I'm getting about 13MPH with this new setup, which was a 1-2 MPH improvement.

The batteries were refurbished from what I'm told by the previous owner, and it looks like an upgrade to #4 cables is in order next... My kids want more speed!

This is my first Golf Cart build so I'd like some ideas. What would you do?
Schtibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT series fixer upper - what would you do next?

2014-06-18 08.15.06.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-06-18 08.15.34.jpg (214.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the seller means, by refurbished, what I would mean, your batteries are not long for good operation. No amount of chemicals or charging is going to replace the natural depreciation of the electromechanical process.
So, plan on new batteries in the not too distant future. I have 98 TXT series driven cart. I assume that's what you meant when you said you have a 2000 series TXT. I get between 19 and 21 mph, depending upon many variables, (surface, terrain, etc). I have a heavy duty solenoid, an AXE4844 Alltrax controller, heavy duty F&R switch, 2 guage cables and an EMP 2 speed, (high torque/high speed) motor and 36 volts. This system is also compatible with 48 volts which, theoretically, should bump me to about 25 mph.
Check with Scotty B, or some of the other sponsors for a package deal on all the parts.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Schtibo.....the magic question is....."HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?" As the sign in the speed shop us true..."Speed cost money....How fast do you want to go?"

I too have the same model cart, TXT Series Drive, and as you can see in my sig, I have upgraded it all. my top speed is 27 MPH. when/if I make the jump to 48v, that will get up to about 35 mph.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Since you need batteries soon, consider going to 48 volts for 33% more speed and torque.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the direction guys! I was thinking batteries first, then try to catch up to Nuke over the next few months! Your signature is my new shopping list!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #7
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Schtibo.....the magic question is....."HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?" As the sign in the speed shop us true..."Speed cost money....How fast do you want to go?"

I too have the same model cart, TXT Series Drive, and as you can see in my sig, I have upgraded it all. my top speed is 27 MPH. when/if I make the jump to 48v, that will get up to about 35 mph.
I like the sounds of your mods. I have a 98 TXT series drive, and just ordered the 7126 motor (in transit now) with the Alltrax 4484, 2 gauge cables, 400 solenoid and the F&R switch. I already did the cable upgrade, the controller and solenoid arrived today and the motor is due in on Thursday. I put in new batteries Saturday. After I finish all that comes the lift and new wheels. I put the extended top and flip seat on it the day I got it, though the top has a definitive rattle that annoys me.

Anyway, wasn't intending on hijacking the post, just agreeing that those are a great combo of mods. Battery pack is the first thing I'd do though, as I had batteries that under load dropped to about 4.4volts and they blew. It would show a three bar power loss in 10 minutes. New batteries I ran for nearly an hour and never lost a bar
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #8
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Got my new Trojan Pack in this weekend and bought my 400A controller - Alltrax. Gonna break in the batteries and then put in the controller later to see what improvements are for each. turns out i had '08 batteries that never gave me any get up and go. Now I got amps, volts and reliability. There's alot to be said for that!
Old 09-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #9
TAT
Gone Wild
Club Car

keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more. Post pics too.
TAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
TAT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm in little elm not far from frisco at all. Fixin to do a lot to my cart. My parts should be here tomorrow. I ordered from Scottyb. He is a stand up guy. I got the c54 package plus a HD f/r and 2g cables. Shoot me a pm sometime.
TAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2000, 36v, ezgo, series, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO