lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
livinadream
Not Yet Wild

Default hunting cart

hey guys, new guy here, looking to build or buy a cart that will be used mostly for hunting. from what i have read the series motor would fit my needs best. i like the looks of the precedent carts but dont think they come with the series motor? i guess what im looking for first is if i can put a series motor in a precedent cart? and secondly any additional info that you can give to help me get the most torque, run time, and a decent amount of speed 20ish mph. any and all info will be greatly appreciated. the cart will also be used around the house for basic yard work. (i think just about any cart would handle this) thanks in advance
livinadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: hunting cart

You need to find the cart you want. If you are upgrading then the parts can be series, controller, motor. You will want reputable batteries with high ah. Lift to crawl in woods. Then go here and search for motor/controller or call plumquick http://ddmotorsystems.com/ChooseAMot...0&webSales=yes

You may find if you get a regen you can get what you want without going series, but series is what most people want. Definitely go 48v and look into 8-6v for run time. Read the stickie converting 4 batts to 6 batts and then members rides and lifted carts and search the cart u want to build. Someone on here has probably done it.
Happy carting and welcome to bgw.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Series drive carts are the workhorse type of electric vehicles. They produce more torque and less heat than their Sepex cousins. Which is why they are the preferred platform for hunting buggies. Many Precedent owners have converted their carts to series drive with great results. Carts Unlimited & Tahoe Dawg offer a complete conversion kit which will make your Precedent do exactly what you want it to do.

Shoot me an email here > scottyb@cartsunlimited.net
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

When I was redoing mine I was told the sepex would run cooler at creep along speed. Some of the hunting buggy manufacturer's have gone to sepex.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car