lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car 94 DS won't run

You may be entitled to a new V-glide. That would present the case to the dealership to fix this cart that you were out driving around and then linkage fell off the V-glide and shortly after that he quit running. It's possible that the linkage fell off of the V-glide with the arm in a position where would continue to draw amperage until someone turn the key off. This would cause the damage shown.
On the other hand, this cart needs a conversion to solid state speed control. Modern solid-state operation would eliminate the V-glide and the resistor coils and the problems you will continue to face with this cart. Go to my website or more information.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I agree with Sergio and Budule. By the looks of the picture, my guess is that the V-Glide was either not adjusted properly, causing it to get stuck between the two top contacts at full throttle, or the nut fell off of that threaded rod that is supposed to be connected to the V-Glide to control the movement of the wiper arm, and therefore also created a "stuck" wiper arm between the two top contacts, and melting the arm.

I looked up the OEM setup for a 94 DS and it appears the silver threaded rod that is connected to the bottom of the V-Glide is supposed to have a LOCKNUT on it, securing it to the V-Glide. It appears that whoever you took the cart to either did not use a locknut, or just did not tighten the locknut to an adequate level. I'd go back to whoever did these repairs and demand not only to fix the throttle control arm to where it attaches to the V-Glide, but also to put in a whole new V-Glide assembly in the cart, at no cost to you. If they had done it right the first time, none of this would have happened.

These older resistor carts are darn near bullet-proof, and when they do break down, they are relatively easy to diagnose and fix. Don't worry, we will have you up and running again in no time
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #13
CroZure
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you all! I called the dealership when they opened this morning and the guy told me that the internal thermal control in the motor could be bad. I told them about the rod popping off too. I am just glad to hear that it doesn't sound like another major repair. To be honest, I have thought about trading it in and financing a newer cart through them. CCFinatic, you comments about this cart being bullet proof makes me think that I should keep this cart.
CroZure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #14
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I've never heard of an "internal thermal control" before. I'm almost positive that fixing the rod with the correct nut, and a new V-Glide will fix the problem

Just out of curiosity, is this dealership an authorized Club Car dealership?
Old 08-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
CroZure
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
I've never heard of an "internal thermal control" before. I'm almost positive that fixing the rod with the correct nut, and a new V-Glide will fix the problem

Just out of curiosity, is this dealership an authorized Club Car dealership?
Yeah, it seemed odd to me. I am not sure if they are an actual authorizes club car dealer. I think they only sell used carts. Their website only said that they specialize in EZ Go, Club Cars, and Yamaha carts. It makes me sick to think that I spent over $900 dollars in repairs and they didn't put on a 10 cent lock washer.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I'd demand that they fix any issue that was created by them not completing the job correctly. In this case, a new V-Glide and a locknut. Especially considering how much money you spent there
Old 08-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #17
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd check the cables too , if the vglide got that hot , the cables did too.....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #18
CroZure
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
I'd check the cables too , if the vglide got that hot , the cables did too.....
Good point. I will give the cables an inspection tonight.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #19
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good thing the accelerator rod popped off the bell crank when the GO pedal was released and had moved wiper arm to off/rest/no circuit position. If rod popped off with wiper arm at the 7th/8th contact, you would have had a run-a-way cart!
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #20
CroZure
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotter View Post
Good thing the accelerator rod popped off the bell crank when the GO pedal was released and had moved wiper arm to off/rest/no circuit position. If rod popped off with wiper arm at the 7th/8th contact, you would have had a run-a-way cart!
Wow, that freaks me out. We have our two small kids in the cart with us when it quit running.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car