lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on Adding Battery

guessing the under cart rope is led (low voltage draw). If so, I think a 20 amp fuseable link should handle it all....whatever you hook up must have a fuse in line
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #12
Ronman
Getting Wild

I am by far no electrical expert. Just going by what Ive read on here. I dont know what kind of load all those items will be drawing but from what Ive read the headlights/radio are not much of a draw.

If you can avoid tapping into the carts main electrical system you will probably save yourself some headaches down the road. Oh, and make sure you dont ground anything to the cart itself. They dont like that either.

I didnt mention but I am also going to get myself a solar trickle charger. That way the aux battery can charge while I putt around.
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #13
Gobird
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Guys. I'll look into that solar charger thing too.
Gobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Solar charger is a way cool idea...just park it outside once in a while. They are typically v.low amp so they need lots of sun time...P.S. Lights can be a big draw depending on type..So check them out before you buy.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #15
Gobird
Not Yet Wild

Solar should work pretty good down here in the sunshine state and I usually back my cart out of the garage each day to give myself a little working room in case I have any projects going on.
Gobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: Question on Adding Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobird View Post
Ronman,

Thanks for that info. Yes, I do have an open place for one. It sounds like this may be the best way to go. As far as load, I have a full set of stock lighting,head lights/tail lights, light around license plate, 10' of 12V rope lighting around the undercarriage and a radio.
NOOOOOO!!! The neon alone needs at least a 25amp fuse. My father has owned an automotive customized store for 30 years. Neon draws alot of power and can cause surges and fluctuations when turned on in the cold or extreme heat... Run seperate power wires from the battery for the neon, they have to be thick wires, not cheap speakers wires like the lights and rope probably uses. Get a good inline 2amp fuse for the neon, and only for the neon, it need to have its own wiring to your marine battery... NEON is touchy and will go boom or mess other stuff up if your not careful!!!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420 View Post
NOOOOOO!!! The neon alone needs at least a 25amp fuse. My father has owned an automotive customized store for 30 years. Neon draws alot of power and can cause surges and fluctuations when turned on in the cold or extreme heat... Run seperate power wires from the battery for the neon, they have to be thick wires, not cheap speakers wires like the lights and rope probably uses. Get a good inline 2amp fuse for the neon, and only for the neon, it need to have its own wiring to your marine battery... NEON is touchy and will go boom or mess other stuff up if your not careful!!!
Moto, which is it, 25 amp or 2 amp? The 25 amp thing confuses me. My neon came equipped with 20g wiring. There is no way that wiring could support a 25amp draw.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I forget the official name but Home Depot and West Marine has them. It's a board with pos. and neg. contacts,...you connect one pos. and one neg. 12g wire to the main supply and your left with several leads for your other accessories. You mount this under the seat somewhere, all your accessories land here but are powered by your marine batt. in the bagwell (or wherever), this way you don't end up with 4-5 eyelits landing on you batt. posts. Just put in a 20amp in line fuse, should handle whatever. The trickel chargers work great from Sears. Good luck.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #19
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: Question on Adding Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Moto, which is it, 25 amp or 2 amp? The 25 amp thing confuses me. My neon came equipped with 20g wiring. There is no way that wiring could support a 25amp draw.
Oh yea it can, generally speaker wire is used to wire neon in a tight spot, 25amp is nothing considering that the kart motor runs at 300amps...

The ga is all about resistance, its tells you how long the wire can be until you measure 1ohm or more resistance... If its a cheap wire, it'll just not give the neon all its power, and maybe get a little WARM at most, don't worry as long as the neon is on its own wires and fuse!!!

Believe me!!!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Moto, 300 amps through a 4g cable is one thing. 25 amps through a 20g wire is a meltdown, plain and simple. Your info is wrong.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO