lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggie Dead after washing - HELP Please

Hey Gang !! I have a Bad Boy Buggie that runs on a 48 volt system. I believe it's now part of the EZ Go line, thus posting in this forum category. Here's my problem. Our hunting season has ended so I took today to pressure wash the BBB as I've done each year. I washed the outside body and undercarriage area that was coated in mud from season. When completed, I transfered onto the seat (I'm paralyzed from waist down) and attempted to drive the machine to storage. I turned the key on and hit the toggle switch to fwd and there I sat. Dead in the water !!! When turning on the key, I do hear a click sound seconds after turning to on. I'm assuming I've gotten something wet, however, not sure what it could be. I now have the machine inside with the seat off and a fan blowing into the battery compartment. Any help as it's been 3 or 4 hours since washing and still no power. The batteries are brand new this summer and the machine has ran strong all season long. Could it be moisture in the fwd/rev toggle switch? Thanks in advance !!!
mjrcpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggie Dead after washing - HELP Please

That happens every once in a while with my '96 EZ-GO series. I end up using the air compressor to blow dry all the connections, trying the cart between each one. Normally it is water in the controller plug.......
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

Ok, just a quick update. Last night, I took the seat off and pointed a box fan to blow in the battery compartment. Upon checking this morning, the cart will move forward, however, still won't move in reverse. We're half way home but I'm cautiously optimistic, worrying that I somehow damaged something internally. Is there a specific area that I should concentrate? I've read that the actual fwd/rev switch may have gotten wet but I'm unsure how to get to the wiring. It appears to be riveted all around the console, but maybe by removing the cup holder, I could get in from beneath the switches? Not sure if that's an option or if the cup holders in fact come off? My fingers are remaining crossed ! Any other suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you again
Old 12-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

I'd keep the fan going on it.....and if you happen to have a dehumidifier handy....I'd plug that in as well. I'ts just my SWAG but you obviously have some water\moisture someplace where it shouldn't be.

Give it a few days and see how it goes.

Dave
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've had good results using a hairdryer on a low heat setting. All I would be concerned about is not heating up your component any more than it's normal operating temp.
I would suggest an air compressor and blowgun for only connections between wires.
If used on, say the controller, you may actually drive water into it! I would think the F-R switch would be fine to blow out as long as it has no circuit board attached to it.
I don't think you damaged anything, but I would put your " run - tow " switch ( if so equipped ) in tow and disconnect the battery pack while waiting on the drying process.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a friend who has a bad boy and he has had the same problem after washing. Something gets wet and it won't move until it dries out.

We never could figure out exactly what it was but my guess was something in the electronics under the seat so he tries not to spray any water near them and only clean by hand. So far that has worked.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

Another update. After eating dinner I went to check on the drying progress. NOT GOOD. Again, it's dead in the water and won't move in either direction again ! How can it work in the fwd direction for a matter of hours then stop?!?! I'm mechanically inclined and it's my lack of electrical experience that drives me insane. If it weren't for my inability to walk and need for a quiet way to move through the woods to hunt, it's times such as this that I'd never own something without a combustion motor. I have no authorized dealer in my area making this even more frustrating. This really rots. Can it possibly take more than 24 hours to dry with direct air from a box fan?!?!? Sorry for the rant but feeling rather helpless with a 1 ton anchor in my basement.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know here in Panama City, it can take 3 days during the summer for mine to dry normally due to humidity levels. Air makes no difference sometimes with no heat with it.

Unplug each connector and dry both connectors, reconnect, go to next one. Could it be anything in the throttle area?
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure what you mean by "connectors?" Sorry for my ignorance.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #10
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

"molex" style connectors & crimp connectors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Molex_MiniFitJr.jpg (44.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqMOKoYE6fF9Tzg6BOwBd8hSJQ~~60_3.JPG (26.0 KB, 3 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO