lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
GQ IMAGE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart is Sluggish any thoughts?

Just bought a 2008 Freedom RXV. My question is the cart has been sitting for two years untouched. Turned the key on, got the cart on the trailer and home it went. The battery gauge on the dash is reading full, but the cart is sluggish and feels like it is going to die. Checked battery fluid levels and some are low, is there better solution to use other than distilled water? Any tips or tricks before I plug the charger in for the first time. Would love any good advice. Thank you.
GQ IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart is Sluggish any thoughts?

Start with plain distilled water and fill them up to just above the metal plates. You are also going to need a digital volt meter to take some readings from each individual battery. The "gas gauge" style meters aren't accurate enough to diagnose potential problems with the batteries. You may end up having to hook up two batteries at a time to a 12 volt charger (36 volt cart?) to get them charged up enough to even turn the big charger on. Let us know how it goes when you plug it in! Good luck!!

edit: make sure you fill them up before charging. also, probably a good idea to take readings from the pack and posting before plugging stuff in.

re-edit: nevermind. don't listen to me. just saw that it is an RXV. Someone else will chime in with some help!
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

scrunner, you are right about the cart. Only difference is the RXV uses 4 12 volt batteries instead of 6 6 volt batteries.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Coo! Maybe I'm not as dumb as I thought! :)
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

top them off with water, clean and tighten connectors and plug in charger. If teh batts are orig, good luck with them. the 12V dont last but about 3 years. That cart is fully electric and if you have weak batts it goes crazy.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Good luck on that rear battery.....
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
GQ IMAGE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, I topped off the batteries last night with distilled water. Hooked up the charger and it charged for over 14 hours before the solid green light went on. It has been raining like crazy so I have not taken the cart out for a ride. As soon as I get a chance to run it, I will post back with a update on the status on how it ran. Thanks for all the reply posts.
GQ IMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Cart is Sluggish any thoughts?

If and when you do ride it.

Don't be surprised if it takes a couple of times to get the batteries back in to shape. I have seen packs that sat for awhile say 4 or 6 weeks and it took a couple of cycles to get them going again.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO