lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
SSPhone
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Just will not start

I'm stumped. 93 Marathon Gas and it takes forever to start and run. Choke get a few back fires or sad coughs would be more like it. I've changed fuel line, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs and checked the oil. Pulled the spark plug and can see they are getting spark. Finally yesterday after cranking it for about a half hour it finally started and I ran it around the yard for at least a half hour, went to back it into the barn and it didn't want to start pulled the choke and it did but it still didn't want to run.
A mechanic friend said timing or points, but from my research I don't think there are points in the ignition.

Looking for suggestions. I did read the HEI sticky thread would this be a option?

If geoffw gets the clone kit worked out for this model I would jump on it.
SSPhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
BoostedOne
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just will not start

Your medalist is a 4 stroke right? Read up on valve adjustment if so... The valves lose adjustment over time and it makes them hard to start.

If the valves are adjusted properly, rebuild or replace the carb... if you can spring it, replace it.. I tried rebuilding mine a handful of times and it never ran as good as it did when I finally broke down and replaced it.

EDIT
Opps too much coffee.. you said marathon.. If its a 4 stroke marathon, same answer.. if its a 2 stroke, not sure.
BoostedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
rfquiggle
Not Yet Wild

I would check fuel pump. Also check hoses going to fuel pump. They may have cracks in them not letting pump work properly.
rfquiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like its not getting enough gas. Remove the carb bowl. The screw of he bowl is someklnd of jet. Remove the dirt inside the screw.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
SSPhone
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I haven't had a chance to look at the cart since I posted. My Dad had a heart attack and I've been at the hospital everday since.
SSPhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO