lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
justmizell
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 36v shudder.. motor? alltrax 400. Pics

hoping i can get a little help here with my dads cart. bear with me, i will post as much as i can think of. 2005 txt i think. has 400 amp alltrax controller. recently the cart has started shuddering upon acceleration. i've read that most of the time a shudder is from a bad connection, so i have went over everything and made sure it was all tight. ever since controller was installed, sometimes you would press the pedal and the solenoid would engage but the cart would not move. he'd keep turning key on and off, switching back and forth f and r, pressing the pedal and eventually it would engage.

all connections are tight, although i can move the bolt itself if i push hard enough on some of the f&r connections.

i also found a wire going from f&r to the motor that was rubbed almost completely through. so i took it off and made another to replace it. heres a useless pic of f&r connections and a pic of motor to know which wire was replaced. rear of motor, right connection.

Something else i noticed while the rear of the cart was lifted

when pedal is pressed and solenoid engaged cart sometimes would not move. sometimes it would, but maybe 1/3 times it would not. however, if i rolled the tires just a hair the motor would engage and tires would move.. with a shudder. i did this several times in a row. sometimes motor would engage, sometimes it wouldnt and when i moved tires a hair it would jump to moving but i could still feel the shudder.

so this is where i am. batteries are all good with no bad cells, good connections, with all reading 6.2 or better. and the pack reads like 37.2 or something. not sure if it was fully charged or not but that sounded pretty good to me.

are we looking at a new motor? or could the problem be somewhere else? thanks in advance for any help.
justmizell is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO