lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Sid Heath
Not Yet Wild

Default new batteries installed but now doesn't run

I installed 6 new T-105s into my EZ-Go Freedom (about 7 years old) but the cart does not go any longer(motor does not get engaged). I thought I was careful to put it back the way it was initially but I must have missed something. I am pretty sure that I have the series hooked up correctly. I charged the batteries and they are now fully charged. The lights and the horn works but when I push the pedal nothing happens. Even when I throw the direction selector switch, I do not get the noise that I got before. When I was reading other posts, there were comments that some motors have a breaker switch ( red button). I had hoped that was what it was but after I took the batteries back out, I could not find a switch on the motor. By the way, everything worked before I replaced the batteries. On the positive terminal for the first battery, I have a white wire from the charger, a big black wire from directional selector, and a red wire that I think is "BL+".
On the last battery(Neg terminal) in the series, I have two black wires. One from the charger and one that is in the same sheath as BL+ which I think is BL-. The only other wire is a green wire on the positive terminal on the 5th battery. I cleaned all the terminals and used new nuts when I put the new batteries in. It seems like they are right because the light works, the horn works and the charger works.
I took the cover off the direction selector switch and it moves when I throw the handle between forward and reverse. I have a hunch that because the beeping does not start when I throw it into reverse,this might be a key to what is wrong.(The key is on when I do this). I noticed that there are three fuses on the side panel but they did not look like they controlled anything for the motor.
Any help would be much appreciated. I also took off the wires on A! and S! on the motor to clean them up but I relooked at them and they seem clean and tight.
Sid Heath is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO