lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Clone fuel pump problems

I have a stock Predator 16 HP engine . What is the best way to get the vacuum for the stock Yamaha cart fuel pump? I dont want to put a hole in the valve cover again unless I have to. I am using the stock carb so I dont have a manifold with a pulser fitting. If the valve cover is the only way what is the best way to do put the fitting in? Maybe put in an electric fuel pump? If so what kind? HELP SHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
phnguyk
Getting Wild

Default Re: Clone fuel pump problems

Mr Gasket 12v fuel pump and flow regulator.
phnguyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I like the vacuum pumps but off the engine. You can drill the stock carb spacer and epoxy a piece of tubing in if you want or they are like $10 from AGK. TheNewGuy posted he did that. Problem is the pulse is very strong at idle and that makes it overflow, at least with the larger yamaha pump it does. Another thing I don't really know is the G9 has a tee and hose up to the cover that must reduce the pulse I really don't know exactly how it works it has a one way valve in it. It may be to remove oil from the line for all I know.

However you don't always get overflow with the gokart pumps they are smaller. There are a few different ones like mikuni/B&S/and another one they don't cost much either. If you get the pulse off the engine it increases with rpm it works a lot better. Drill the cover and put a 1/8 npt to barb fitting in it and you should not have a problem they are like $4 so is the tap if you don't have. Some places only have 1/4 fittings they are larger. See the posts about where to drill it in the corner there. I'm going to try to drill the head instead but not looked to see how much room there is, if not I'll use the cover. Yamaha drills it into the area where the pushrods are. Again you can use longer hose to cut down the pulse. We ended up just putting a tee and ran a return line into the top of the tank. I don't like it though once it came out on the guy and pumped fuel all over. I'd rather buy the little pump or drill whatever to get it right. I hope to work on mine over the holiday and will try to get that installed and let everyone know.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You guys are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #6
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdo2 View Post
I have a stock Predator 16 HP engine . What is the best way to get the vacuum for the stock Yamaha cart fuel pump? I dont want to put a hole in the valve cover again unless I have to. I am using the stock carb so I dont have a manifold with a pulser fitting. If the valve cover is the only way what is the best way to do put the fitting in? Maybe put in an electric fuel pump? If so what kind? HELP SHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if it was me I'd add the Vegas Carts spacer with the pulse fitting on it.
I'm running mine that way with a pulse fuel pump and have no problems at low, middle or High rpms. No matter how I drive it there is no fuel problems

My pump is mounted on the tank where DS puts them so the line going to the pulse is close to if not 24 inches long. I ran a 3/16ths clear gas line with an adapter going to a 1/4 inch size hose about 6 inches from the pump.
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!