lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2020, 09:11 PM   #1
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Default 6” lift front wheel camber leaning in at top

I have a 2017 TXT and the stock wheels leaned in at the top quite a bit. Put a 6” lift and the wheels still lean in at top. It drives me CRAZY. The kingpins have I mean maybe a you know what hair of slop. but it’s not enough to even correct the camber. Maybe a cheap lift? Is it meant to end like that? is my only option to cut the axle, spread it and reweld?
Nsmustang55ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 6” lift front wheel camber leaning in at top

Upon further investigation I found that the plastic bushings are shot. also how tight should the 1/2 bolt that goes through the kingpin be in relation to “slop”? my bolts are pretty ate up so I’m going to put some 1/2x6.5 in there. Should it be a machined fit? I’m going 1/2 inch longer because I’ve noticed the stock 6” bolts are a little short. The bottom of the kingpin is on the threads which is a smaller diameter. Also the axle bracket is on the threads of the bolt.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bushings should never “ride” on threads. They will wear out quickly if so. Bolts wrong length?
Did lift kit come with spec bolts?
Are bolts supposed to be metric instead of sae?
What brand lift?

Sounds like you already had a problem due to worn out parts that became exsaderated by adding lift kit.

Correct original problem of worn stock parts. If not adding lift will only make problem more noticeable.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:05 AM   #4
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Well I replaced the plastic bushings with metal ones. also made sleeves out of .015 sheet metal to go around bolt through kingpin. So no slop in spindles. Still had wheel lean. As far as lift I’m not sure. It came in a box with the cart with no instructions. tonight I cut. Slot in the axle and tweaked it and rewelded it at 0 degrees. but I’m convinced this axle is for a different year maybe. My front is 3.5” narrower than the rear. Maybe angles are off for this year? I dunno. It’s a 2017 TXT.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:20 AM   #5
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the axles that were on my old txt lift has brass or bronze bushing and that is what came with my Jakes long travel lift,

please post some pictures
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO