lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #21
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

Angry Re: DCS F & R Rocker switch conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
See post 14. If the switch checks out good then swap the F1 and F2 wires on the speed controller and see what effect that has.

Curious - did the cart fun forward and reverse before the switch change?
ScottyB and JohnnieB:
Yes, it ran both F & R before the change over. The problem we had was the rotary switch was rotating 360 degrees and we had to search for the proper position to get it to run either direction.

My wires are A1& A2 and S1 & S2. Which two would I swap?
ForseeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS F & R Rocker switch conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForseeBob View Post
JohnnieB:
I just ran a quick test at each of the double plug sets where the cart wiring transitions to the former micro switch wiring (now connected to the rocker switch).

1. The passenger side pair comes alive when the run/admin switch is thrown irrespective of the key switch.

2. The driver’s side pair comes alive only when both the hey and the run switch are on.
1. Abnormal. Only one of the two wires should have voltage on it. Blue wire.

2. Abnormal. The keyswitch is downstream from the F/R switch, so the position the keyswitch is in should not matter.

The blue wire in both sets should have voltage on them when the Run/Tow switch on the controller cover is in Run.

Need to get voltage on both blue wires. Trace them back in the wiring harness, they should join somewhere before it gets back the the Run/Tow switch. More correctly, the Orange wire with Red stripe from the Run/Tow switch splits someplace and goes to both plugs and change into the blue wires on the microswitch side on the plugs.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #23
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB & ScottyB:
The good news is that it just ran over my foot IN FORWARD! There apparently is an intermittent loose connection on the bottom side of the admin switch😁.

Thanks yous to both of you.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Old 07-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry about your foot
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry about your foot

Thanks JB
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #27
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

The foot was worth it to figure it out and, fortunately, I missed my already broken little toe. Ultimately it was the multi plug connector (probably pin 4) on the controller. It will
run right now by simply pulling the wire loom to one side with a zip tie pending getting a new pigtail. Thanks again to ScottyB and JohnnieB!😁😁😁
Old 07-02-2020, 12:48 AM   #28
ForseeBob
Not Yet Wild

Wink Re: DCS F & R Rocker switch conversion

JohnnieB & ScottyB:

Here is my summary:
1) During my first attempt prior to getting JohnnieB's photo and switch schematic I had one or two wires in the wrong places;
2) When running the diagnostics on Sunday I tried tracing plug post 4 with my multi-meter but shoved the meter probe in the post 4 socket too hard thereby stretching the internal metal contact;
3) When I re-wired for the DPDT switch I was only getting intermittent contact on post 4 which made the diagnosis tough;
4) I finally found the problem by shaking various wires while in forward with the pedal depressed. When the cart ran over my right foot in forward I knew I was onto something;
5) I finally found the problem when pushing the 32 pin to flat wire ribbon pigtail made it run.....
Old 07-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

RE: 4) Hopefully the lesson learned is either put rear of cart on jackstands when troubleshooting, or block the wheels from rolling.

Tags
dcs, f & r rocker switch, johnnie b, only goes in reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO