lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2022, 11:28 PM   #1
BCGolfCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question 09 G29 Suspension Rebuild

Hey Everyone,

Today the unthinkable happened. My 09 G29 with 6” MadJak lift kit suffered a massive failure. The right front lower control arm mounting point to the spindle BROKE OFF by simply hitting a bump in my hard. No the bump was not a giant hole or anything massive and no I did not hit the hole at max speed. Believe me or not but I honestly riding at medium throttle, rolled out to quarter throttle to make a turn, hit the hole, and next thing I know my right front tire is kicked out in from I’d the cart. The spindle was only being held by the upper control arm and the steering linkage. I don’t have picture to share as it happened late in the evening and I didn’t take any before the sun went down.

Anyway I want to save this cart as it’s a good one and I bought it with this lift kit already on it for very little so I don’t have much in it. Instead of replacing the front lift kit components I want to take it back to stock height. The problem I’m running into is finding stock parts. I don’t have a good Yamaha Cart dealers in my area that sales parts and the best online resource I can find is Buggies Unlimited which has a lot but not everything needed.

My first question to everyone is where is the best online store to get OEM or aftermarket stock parts for Yamaha G29’s?

My second question is at stock ride height, what’s the max wheel/tire size I can run? Everything I read online says 20” overall IF there is no additional rear weight like a backseat kit. Mine has a backseat kit but it’s mainly used for carrying light weight cargo. Nobody rides back there. Does anyone think this would actually be a problem?

Thanks in advance!
BCGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2022, 07:00 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 09 G29 Suspension Rebuild

Good decision... for identifying oem parts maybe check out this site with a complete parts cataloque ************ ( PM sent, as it's not a site sponsor )
20 x 8 - 10 / 205/65 10 works fine on the G29. The picture shows this tire size on 6 x 10 rims ( 7 x 10 could be more critical ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210705_151412.jpg (173.5 KB, 0 views)
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 09 G29 Suspension Rebuild

I have an 09 and a 12 G29 and I have had trouble finding stock parts as well. I have twice now ordered a suspension part and had the delivery keep pushing out in time until I canceled the order. I like these carts and hope to keep them for a long time but around here, Yamaha is not very popular anymore and I am worried that it will get harder and harder to find parts.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
failure, g29, liftkit, madjax, suspension
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha