lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
hdtoyboy
Not Yet Wild

Default solonoid

In checking the solonoids (which all 5 are less than 1 year old), I can hear each solonoid charging but they don't close. The cart jumps forward as though it is starting out in 2nd or 3rd gear. Yesterday several of the members suggested I test the solonoids.
Are the solonoids not supposed to close? or do I have to buy 5 new ones again?
hdtoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: solonoid

It sounds as though the second or 3rd solenoid is bad...thats starting from the drivers side and working across. Yes they close, but they switch from one to the other as you push on the pedal.
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
hdtoyboy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. That was it!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but when you search for what you want to see, it some times brings up the old ones, so what did you do to remedy the situation? My parents' CC does the same thing.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
hdtoyboy
Not Yet Wild

In one of the responsed I was told to clean and tighten each solonoid. That's what I did. Of course, it was the last one that I found to be loose. But just cleaning and making sure that all was tight was what fixed the problem for me.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The solenoid closest to the driver's side of the cart is the master. It clicks closed and powers the rest of the solenoids. Without it clicking you will get nowhere. The other 4 solenoids represent gears or speed bands. The one closest to the master is 1st and so on. If the 1st speed solenoid does not fuction the 2nd speed one will start the cart with quite a lurch.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The solenoid closest to the driver's side of the cart is the master. It clicks closed and powers the rest of the solenoids. Without it clicking you will get nowhere. The other 4 solenoids represent gears or speed bands. The one closest to the master is 1st and so on. If the 1st speed solenoid does not fuction the 2nd speed one will start the cart with quite a lurch.....
That's what this one is doing. It hesitates and then jerks in forward and reverse. I'll check that out this weekend.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

BTW... what's good to clean the solonoid with?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car