lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #61
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with 88 Marathon

Yeah, that cart's in pretty Da*n nice shape for its' age, Wow ... So how did those front (long) bolts on the block lift fit in? Did you also have to grind 'em a bit or did you manage to somehow coax them in?

Also, if you completely pull the governor you should hit around 22 on the flat stuff, BUT I am personally not a fan of pulling it entirely as it's REALLY easy to overrev these 2PG's, especially on the hills (factory redline is 5k) ... $12 will get you a nice digital tach on Ebay, it's a small investment and a 5-minute install that very well could save an engine, especially if you aren't the only driver of the cart. I set mine to flirt with 47-4800 RPM and only lost about 2mph on the top end, which in exchange for peace of mind, I don't miss a bit
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #62
MFD622
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Brew. The bolts went in with a little coaxing. I wound up installing from the top down instead of bottom up. The head of the bolt was catching on the front end if I tried to put them in as shown on the diagram. I turned it over and they went right in with a gentle tap. After running it last night, I have decided to leave the governor right where it is, as I have three dare devil children who don't need to be doing evil kenevil stunts in it. The tach idea is a great one and I will definitely see about getting one, just for the peace of mind of knowing what the motor is doing. The cart has a K/N intake filter on it and I had to modify it just a bit. I bought some 2-1/2" flex hose, a 2-1/4" o.d. x 2-1/4" o.d. exhaust coupler, from a local auto parts store, to relocate/reposition the filter. It seems to be working fine and not binding now. I think the kids are going to help camoflague it when it gets warmer. We turned them loose on a JD Gator last summer and they did a great job camoing it. My wife was wanting pink camo, but I think I have talked her out of that. I will post more pics soon.
MFD622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #63
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Yeah, I pretty much agree with the whole idea of circumventing the pink camo ...

The K&N idea is actually on my list for this spring, although I'm leaning towards using one of the Harley air cleaners I have laying around, I just haven't figured out where to mount it so it can be seen but not in the way or asking to be sheared off during a run in the woods ...

And yeah, with the kids I'd DEFINITELY leave the governor alone, I have no children but I DO have a unique bunch of buddies who tend to drink a bit more than neccessary, so it's basically the same deal :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #64
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
And yeah, with the kids I'd DEFINITELY leave the governor alone, I have no children but I DO have a unique bunch of buddies who tend to drink a bit more than neccessary, so it's basically the same deal :)
HEhe, I hear that. I have a buddy who can't keep the rubber side down on anything he ever rides. He's already put the cart on it's side once. I told him I removed both the engine & diff governor on the cart with the recent build. And that I was going to duct tape a block of wood under the gas pedal whenever he was driving it!
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #65
MFD622
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys, its been a while since I posted, it's been a little crazy here. I ordered a new drive clutch and am planning on getting the old one soaked in penetrant and off before the new one arrives. From what I have read, it looks like I am in for some "fun" times. I just hope I don't do what Dave has said and rip my genitals off in a fit of rage. I'll keep you all posted on my adventure.
MFD622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #66
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Good luck with those genitals, oh and the clutch.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #67
SamCarroll
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

you guys put the rear spring extenders on the bottom? I put mine in the top, does it matter?
SamCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #68
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi Sam, I think they go on the bottom, anyway from what I remember in the directions I put mine on the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer hitch on cart 010.jpg (118.0 KB, 22 views)
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #69
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

they seem to fit better on the bottom.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #70
SamCarroll
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

mine kept dancing around on the bottom so they fit more snug on the top. Id imagine it doesnt matter. Just thought it was notable.
SamCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO