lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
ajgolf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default yamaha 4 stroke choke/backfiring

Hey guys. I am new to the golf cart world. I recently picked up an older 4 stroke yamaha golf cart. it sat for 5 years. so it backfires and the choke cable was broke. we put a cable from a bicycle on it for a temporary fix. Saturday when it was warm outside I finally got to get it going. But I had to pull on the cable slightly every once and awhile to keep it going. The motor would run but it wouldn't go. So after I bumped the cable and it got warm it ran for hours. but it is also backfiring. I took the carb out and cleaned it up and that didn't help. I also changed the oil and added a little sea foam to the gas and added fresh gas. otherwise it runs fine. so my question is where do I start to correct these issues. yesterday it was colder outside and it didn't want to go so I just quit. when I get home today im going to try to find the numbers on it to see exactly what kind it is. any help will be much much appreciated.
ajgolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha