lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2015, 10:40 PM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: No juice to solenoid

Check for voltage on the red wire on the microswitchs under the fnr cover.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The solenoid activation circuit in your cart originally had 4 switches, 11 pieces of wire, 21 connections and the solenoid coil connected in a single series current path between the battery pack's main positive and main negative terminals.

By connecting the red wire directly to the battery pack's main positive terminal, you've eliminated 1 switch, 3 pieces of wire and 5 connections, so of the 36 potential failure spots, 9 have been eliminated and now you only have 27 more to check out.

The red wire that is mow connected directly to the battery pack, goes to MS-2 on the F/R assemble, so checking the red wire under the F/R cover like kgsc suggests in the next step.

From MS-2, the voltage goes to the keyswitch, then to the pedal switch and then tho the solenoid coil.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #23
Rlt62
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I figured it out. The way my reel switch is set up when I connected the red wire from the charging terminal to the + battery pack post it left no current going to thr fnr switch. I connected a jumper from the post where red wire was attached to the + battery post also which supplied current to the fnr switch. Everything fired up and seems to be working fine. I had to order two new bulbs for my headlights that I also fried. Sometimes a little knowledge can create a very time consuming weekend. When kgsc told me to check the voltage to the fnr switch I realized what a dummy I am. JohnnieB thanks a million for your time and to kgsc for all the help..I'll be making a donation to this forum. I may start my own forum on "what not to do"!!!
Rlt62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ah the ole hooked up the wrong wire trick huh. We have never done that

Glad you got it worked out and glad we as the group could help..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
np power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO