lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
hooknup
Not Yet Wild

Default Do I have a wiring/battery problem

My run time has been seriously degraded and recently I bought 4 new 8v US batteries to complement the other 2 I bought in March of this year (48v). I have only charged the new batteries maybe two or three times. This weekend I ran it around and noticed my battery meter dropping quick and ended up showing about 30% charge left. I then meter tested each battery and I have attached a diagram of the voltage readings along with pack reading. According to the pack reading I was at 70% charged. My batteries don't seem to be in sync with the readings.

I was hoping the new batteries would fix the run time problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf itcitcopiermx511n@asdd.com_20151110_094546.pdf (163.7 KB, 0 views)
hooknup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Do I have a wiring/battery problem

First I will ask a few questions people will want/need the answer to.

the "BATTERY METER" you mentioned that was at 30%.....are you talking about a digital SOC meter.....or are you talking about the stock type bar graph meter??

you said you have only charged the new batteries 2 or 3 times.....not sure of your charging schedule, what I mean is do you recharge the pack every time you use the cart? and how long has or does the cart sit between uses/charges?

One thing to consider, typically, when you get NEW batteries, they are only about 75% and will not reach their full charge potential (run time, not the voltage) until they have been cycled in the order of 20 times. AND you should never allow the pack to go below about 70% during that battery "break-in" period. as your pack gets BROKEN-IN.....the run time will improve.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
hooknup
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your reply. I have the graph type bar meter.

I just put the batteries in last Wednesday and I have only used cart about 3 times and the cart stays plugged up all the time.

Did the voltages look correct on each of the batteries?
hooknup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooknup View Post
Thanks for your reply. I have the graph type bar meter.

I just put the batteries in last Wednesday and I have only used cart about 3 times and the cart stays plugged up all the time.

Did the voltages look correct on each of the batteries?
I would HIGHLY suggest you replace that bar graph meter with a digital SOC meter.....as soon as possible.

your readings look decent, considering their SOC (BETWEEN 50 and 70%)....HOWEVER as you continue to cycle the pack, all of the readings should normalize and get a but closer together. and you need to keep the pack voltage between charges a bit higher that you have, as that ONE battery is down to 50% and a few others are at 60%
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO