lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me 2005 Club Car: several questions

I was reading the "how to make it faster" sticky.

Are these really governed to ~2700 RPMs?

Someone had referenced a ~$40 tach that just wraps around the spark plug wire, anyone know who makes that/what it is?
Tiny Tach

Is the least expensive 4" lift the $160 one I've been finding or does anyone have another suggestion?

How tall of a tire can one stick on the stock 8" rim?

Is there any resale value in the golf bag hoop thing on the two seater? Anyone want to buy it?

Least expensive back seat?

When I press the go pedal the S/G will give me like half a turn and is finicky until it's gone once or twice (thinking battery, going to test volts across poles when I get home) any thoughts?

My front right tire is clearly out of toe/camber (the top is further in than the bottom), anyone know a good DIY on adjusting that?
ETA: Found something. Also found this, which should help with my steering wheel being 45 degrees off.

I'm happy to buy used stuff, if anyone has something lying around to sell me that would address any of the above don't hesitate to PM me.
zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: New to me 2005 Club Car: several questions

I just got a new to me 2005 precedent also. You'll get what you pay for in a lift kit. I went with the all sports 4 inch double A arm lift. Could not be happier, it was simple to install, the wheel alignment was easy. Cart rides and drive really good. As for speed I have 22 inch tires on 10 inch rims, 7-8 lbs air in them. I used the zip tie deal on the governor spring. I tried until I got one adjusted to when going down hill it would bounce off the rev limiter then put the next one I tried adjusted to where I have to go down a really steep hill to get that to happen. Now I can drive it pedal down and don't have to worry about over reving the engine except on really steep hills. I just let up on the pedal then.
BTW, I'm getting 20-22 mph level ground.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #3
RED 92CC GAS
Getting Wild
Club Car

Tiny tach cart parts plus

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk
RED 92CC GAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:43 PM   #4
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for both replies! Editing OP :)
Old 07-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #5
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Am I canted because of the bushing or because of alignment issues?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160705_134958.jpg (379.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160705_135012.jpg (233.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-06-2016, 11:33 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

In the photo it looks like wheels are toed out, but it is hard to tell from a photo. My sparkie looks like the wheels are toed out in a photo, but when I check them I have about 1/4 inch toe in.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:06 AM   #7
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

I know what you mean about pictures looking off. I won't have time to measure for a few days since I'm on a stretch of nights but the front tires are definitely " /---| " I'm tearing into everything Thursday and hoping to have a good idea of where to start so I'm not stuck waiting for parts. Your opinions and knowledge are appreciated!
Old 07-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #8
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Oh! And if it matters any my steering wheel is probably 45 degrees left of center to go straight.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:07 AM   #9
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Going to dig into this thing starting Thursday :D

Headlights, tail lights, back seat, steering wheel, tire toe. Hoping to finish it all up right and quick then get it sold and start hunting for an EZGO instead.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Well the light kit went in without issue (and I learned that carts won't start in N), the back seat went on easily too.

I cannot get the back rest off the old front seat though. I turn the bolts and they just spin and spin. They feel stripped. Am I missing something besides those four bolts?

Does anyone have a beige back rest of a CC DS lying around? I'd hate to buy a new one just to sell the **** thing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car