lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #21
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Engine speed and momentum 86 2 stroke ez.go

Look good !!! You did plug the fitting in the intake RIGHT for the oil injection. Just asking.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #22
van the man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks! Aluminum sure shines up pretty. Too bad it won't last. I plugged it up on the carb and took all that pump and crap off. I wonder if somewhere there is a tachometer gear that would mount where the pump was...
Some thoughts about the rebuild. If someone has a 2 stroke that needs it don't be afraid to dive right in there. I was fortunate to have neighbors that had the pullers I needed but everything else was simple hand tools. Some stuff is metric, some sae which was a little frustrating. Very simple engine, much more so than even a push lawn mower. I was kinda lucky that the piston was backwards; I got it cheap and fixed it for less than $50 all in, and about $40 for the belt. Should be good to go for a long time.
van the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #23
van the man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also relocated and replaced a crummy toggle switch for the headlights with nifty lighted flush mount rocker switch. $8 something at oriellys. 1" hole, snapped right in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170203_101907.jpg (362.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #24
van the man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So some updates...
My daughter trashed the driven clutch, along with the drive belt and starter belt. It was probly on the way out anyway. Replaced it, big difference. Much quieter. With the ol worn out, stock belt, cart does 21 mph! Plenty fast with little tires.
Installed a radio.
Covered up the stupid safety sticker.
Getting another 2 paddle tires/rims to match the rears. Im gonna repack wheel bearings while i have these off swapping them around.
Daughters friend ran the top into a tree branch and i had to fab up some brackets for the rear top supports. I dont think this top is for this cart, but i like having one so im gonna make it work. Weather here is crappy.
Engine runs like a top. I took it on a five mile journey yesterday. Did good till almost home, less than 1/4 mi out, power started to fade a little - too hot. Runs great today.
It was back firing some, so i added a spring in front of thr throttle cable stop. Fixed that. I can still make it do little backfires with the throttle. Kool!
I use it to go fishing in a neighbors pond about 4 times a week. I dig how a milk crate and a igloo playmate jr fit right in the bag well, like it was made for them! No reason it wont do this for another 31 yrs if the kids dont kill it first.
Thanks for the help guys. I Like this site!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170206_134613.jpg (471.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170324_160703.jpg (125.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170321_194435.jpg (115.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170206_134459.jpg (281.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170308_170313.jpg (170.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-24-2017, 05:38 PM   #25
van the man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I really like the way the engine gives power. Right off idle, slow, controllable; perfect for maneuvering around vehicles. Punch it, and it gains momentum fast. Towards the top, everything reaches its limit at the same time - engine is howling, steering gets scary, clutches and belt are through. At the pond i fish, the trail getting out is very steep. The thing climbs right up it like a goat, doesnt even rev high. Not real fast, but chugs right along, with a passenger. My neighbors 4 stroke struggles; if he has a passenger, they have to get out and walk.
Neat little machine. I am impressed with what it does. And the sound... like an ol school enduro, a little throatier (?) or something. Kinda sings. Wants to rev, happy to go. Pretty fun, for about $900.00
Old 03-24-2017, 11:11 PM   #26
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

Are you past the point of considering any exhaust mods?
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 AM   #27
van the man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah. I think if it ran any faster, the tires would roll off the rims!! Seriously, its almost too fast for my daughter to maintain control now. Her friend fell out of it other day. She ran into my ol truck once. The tires on the front are pretty bad (that is getting fixed on monday). I dialed back the throttle a little already. But that is what it was for - to teach her how to learn gas, brake, depth perception, etc. Better wreck lil cart than 2 tons of steel into a school bus or something.
This project is about past what i want to spend, also. In 2 years, she will have a car and i get the cart (if it survives).
Old 03-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #28
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

I will be starting a thread soon on building my 2pg and I am going to be building exhaust for it. So far my calculations show a head pipe for a 125cc match better. Maybe in a few years you can experiment as well! Haha
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO