lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Kick Off Link

Is the kick off link necessary?

I put 1-1/2" blocks between the springs and the body today and now the kick off link appears to be a little too short. It's rubbing on the springs and one of the bolts. I adjusted the cam a little to give it some freedom. Not smart. When I got on the cart and turned the key on, the engine fired up.

So, I took the link off. Everything appears to be fine, but I wonder.
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Kick Off Link

turn the rod around front to rear, it'll clear those bolts. You'll have to drill another 2 small holes for cotter pins/washers on either side of the rear hookup, but it will fix your issue.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
turn the rod around front to rear, it'll clear those bolts. You'll have to drill another 2 small holes for cotter pins/washers on either side of the rear hookup, but it will fix your issue.
I'll try that tomorrow. I just put everything away after a long day. Grin. A long great day!
Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I just took a look at the link and tried it backwards. No go. There is a bend in the straight part of the link that bends it toward the body when it is on backwards.

I guess I'll have to find some sort of round stock and make a new one or a sleep to extend one of the arms it attaches to.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

That's weird, I have done quite a few lifts by putting 1.5" Square Tubing under the front leafs and always just flip the rod ... Although now that I think of it it's generally on newer carts (2002 and up with the steering box on the axle) but that shouldn't matter.

A little trick for the rear if You're going to try and lift it with just longer shackles, You'll likely hit a wall because the stock shocks don't extend long enough to get more than about an inch of "shackle lift" - hit RockAuto.com and grab a pair of Monroe 31125 shocks to replace the rears, they will give You the extra room You need to get the rear end level with the front without turning your rear suspension into a rock or putting undue stress on the rear leafs. At $33/pair, they're actually a far superior shock to the stock ones anyhow and the price is definitely right.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
That's weird, I have done quite a few lifts by putting 1.5" Square Tubing under the front leafs and always just flip the rod ... Although now that I think of it it's generally on newer carts (2002 and up with the steering box on the axle) but that shouldn't matter.

A little trick for the rear if You're going to try and lift it with just longer shackles, You'll likely hit a wall because the stock shocks don't extend long enough to get more than about an inch of "shackle lift" - hit RockAuto.com and grab a pair of Monroe 31125 shocks to replace the rears, they will give You the extra room You need to get the rear end level with the front without turning your rear suspension into a rock or putting undue stress on the rear leafs. At $33/pair, they're actually a far superior shock to the stock ones anyhow and the price is definitely right.
The bolts get in the way. I'll try it again to make sure I was actually reversing it.

I haven't had to do anything to rear. The cart sits perfectly level now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO