lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
Krisfranklin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid stays engaged draining batteries (New controller, batteries)

Ezgo dcs cart. Let me start with this cart has been the devil!. Friend of mine brought this cart to me by shoving off the truck and no ideas what was wrong with it. Since then I found the controller was burnt up from dead batteries. Installed new set of deka batteries once they were installed I tested the controller and found it would not supply the ground to activate the solenoid. Ordered a FSIP FX203 to replace controller. Installed new controller when It showed up and tested. Cart drives great! Only one small issue, the solenoid stays engaged causing a draw on the system and a faint high pitched squeal. The only way to get the solenoid to disengage is to flip the tow/run switch to tow. I have eliminated the foot switch and the ITS. On the small blue wire on the solenoid it reads 37.9 before I active the solenoid and after the solenoid engages and stays it reads between. .9 and 1.1 volts. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Krisfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid stays engaged draining batteries (New controller, batteries)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisfranklin View Post
Ezgo dcs cart. Let me start with this cart has been the devil!. Friend of mine brought this cart to me by shoving off the truck and no ideas what was wrong with it. Since then I found the controller was burnt up from dead batteries. Installed new set of deka batteries once they were installed I tested the controller and found it would not supply the ground to activate the solenoid. Ordered a FSIP FX203 to replace controller. Installed new controller when It showed up and tested. Cart drives great! Only one small issue, the solenoid stays engaged causing a draw on the system and a faint high pitched squeal. The only way to get the solenoid to disengage is to flip the tow/run switch to tow. I have eliminated the foot switch and the ITS. On the small blue wire on the solenoid it reads 37.9 before I active the solenoid and after the solenoid engages and stays it reads between. .9 and 1.1 volts. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Here is the problem here > I have eliminated the foot switch

You can't do that - the foot switch is a simple on-off trigger for the solenoid and the controller control panel.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 PM   #3
normknott
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Solenoid stays engaged draining batteries (New controller, batteries)

So did it end up to be and what did you do to solve the Solenoid staying engaged?
normknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #4
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

You likely won't receive a response as this post is 4 years old ... from a member with only a single post.

A solenoid staying engaged can also be caused by the solenoid contacts being welded together ... which may require the solenoid to be replaced.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
normknott
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Probably so, thought I would throw it out there. Bought a 2004 Columbia Cart that had a fire. Burned the Sevcon Controller and wiring in the area. Replaced the controller, Solenoid and wiring. As soon as I flip the Run Switch on, the Solenoid engages and stays engaged. Light on the controller stays green. Put key on forward or reverse and it goes. I thought the Solenoid should only engage when I step on power pedal with the switch on. Don't want to burn up another controller, no cheap.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #6
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Can you post the wiring diagram for that cart?
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #7
normknott
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

New Solenoid. Disengages when turning to Tow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO