lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #21
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Howdy all - new guy with new cart. Please check my work in rebuild...

compression 50 ?? my Fe290 is around 155-160

thinking 50 is WAY too LOW
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #22
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Howdy all - new guy with new cart. Please check my work in rebuild...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubPirate View Post
I'm presently building a 2008 Club Car Carryall. Its great to see your posts. Keep us updated on the progress and good luck with the engine rebuild. I had a good running motor, but opted to replace instead of rebuild.
I have been following your build and saw that motor. Had a brief minute where i considered just buying yours and taking a drive out that way. This option though ended up being close and easy.

Cleaned the chassis, greased all points, new gear fluid the other day. Since the cart is going to just be for around the property, wife didnt want anything fancy looking, just mechanically sound and not turf green. So, had a bit of bed liner left over from my jeep tub so that covers the green. Stickers pulled off easy. She will recover the seats today with black vinyl. Will probably end up with some spare utility lights instead of replacing the headlights as i have a few pairs laying around the shop.
. Got up this morning early and took the shop helper up to the shop and got new front spring and shocks installed. The helper was as useful as always...

Will do rear shocks and springs this afternoon.

Should be getting motor back tomorrow or monday i believe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (180.4 KB, 0 views)
TennesseePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #23
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFan315 View Post
compression 50 ?? my Fe290 is around 155-160

thinking 50 is WAY too LOW
Yeah, just a bit.
Good news is it still works going downhill!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
BlueDubPirate
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseePete View Post
I have been following your build and saw that motor. Had a brief minute where i considered just buying yours and taking a drive out that way. This option though ended up being close and easy.
Yes, understood! Sounds like you're making great progress and love the dog hanging out in the shop. What kind of oil did you put in that rear end? Also, is there a guide to show all the lubrication points on the cart?

This weekend, I'm trying to get the mechanicals done so I can get the body and interior re-installed. I figure I've got three more weeks till its finished.
The big item this weekend is to get the motor situated and fired up.

I hope all goes well with your cart! Glad to see a fellow carryall owner putting one of these things back on the street.

BlueDubPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #25
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubPirate View Post
Yes, understood! Sounds like you're making great progress and love the dog hanging out in the shop. What kind of oil did you put in that rear end? Also, is there a guide to show all the lubrication points on the cart?

This weekend, I'm trying to get the mechanicals done so I can get the body and interior re-installed. I figure I've got three more weeks till its finished.
The big item this weekend is to get the motor situated and fired up.

I hope all goes well with your cart! Glad to see a fellow carryall owner putting one of these things back on the street.

I found the lube points in the manual, see below.
Rear end was 80/90 i believe as per the info i found. Somewhere around .6 quarts or when it started to come out the hole.

Dig the big block. If things were different, may take it that way. But this is turning into a mild "get it back on the road" build for use around the property so no more craziness i was told...
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (167.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #26
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good progress today.
Wife got the seats recovered best we could. Ended up the covers were not exactly for this seat but we made it work.

Got the front suspension done this morning, just finished up the rear.
New heavy duty springs, shocks and bushings. Didnt give me all the problems i was expecting after reading others experiences. Front bolts came right out and everything seemed to slip right in as it should. Wish i would have known before hand that the springs didnt come wih replacement bolts.... Read that one too late. And i also happened to notice as i was installing the rear shocks that i bought shocks for a precedent/electric ds but they seem to fit correct so i guess it is fine?

Will need new tires soon...

Man those new springs are stiff. Noticed unweighted the cart sat 1" higher and doesn't seem to sag at all upon its own weight.

Started to add the aux lights and just place them where the headlights were, but when i went back to get some wiring stuff, i came back to find the wife had changed her mind about the front end look..... Googly eyes it is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (264.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #27
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So, to sum up to date....

Cart purchased as a wreck
Cleaned tank and chassis
New fuel vent and lines, fuel pump cleaned.
Carb pulled and cleaned
Lubed and rear end flush/fill, bearings repacked.
New fuel and air filters
New battery
New microswitches and solenoid, grounds cleaned, ignition switch cleaned.
Seats recovered
New front and rear springs and shocks
Bedliner
Aux lights to be hooked up
Googly eyes....
Full motor rebuild due to poor compression.

Should end up with a nice new cart for her garden chores and parades.
So far, into this project to date, including cart purchase, for around $1400. Motor rebuild was an unforseen cost but should be running and driving next week for just over $2k.
Could have been worse.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (260.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks good! You cant usually touch a running and driving gas carryall for $2k so you're still ahead of the game.

Next comes lift kit (because it needs new tires anyway, so why not) radio (to listen to tunes while wife is gardening), and a disco ball, just for style points. It never ends
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #29
TennesseePete
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Looks good! You cant usually touch a running and driving gas carryall for $2k so you're still ahead of the game.

Next comes lift kit (because it needs new tires anyway, so why not) radio (to listen to tunes while wife is gardening), and a disco ball, just for style points. It never ends
Exactly. On and on and on. The endless possibilities.

She likes the idea of a radio so thanks for that....

How big of tires can one go with a stock set up like this? The lift may be on hold for a while...
Old 05-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You might be able to squeeze 20" but definitely not more than that. And 20" may rub at stock height. Lifting mine is the best mod I've done to it. Ground clearance is a problem at my house. Plus my suspension was pretty much completely beat anyway sonit tightened up everything that was worn in the front end.

And a radio with bluetooth is best. She can stream pandora or whatever and skip songs or change channels without going back to the cart
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car