lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
kpowers
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Wiring assistance 2008 precedent

Pulled the dash apart and removed existing lights as I have an LED kit on the way. Realized previous owner decided to remove the 9 pin connector at some point to rig up the light kit that was on the car. I can’t find a replacement 9-pin connector for the main harness. I removed the existing mess as it was a fire waiting to happen with + and - wires running from the battery up under the car just hanging down. Would a bucket harness replace the missing connector?
I can just join the light harness to the wires from the missing connector essentially bypassing the connectors but will need to know what wires go to which wires.

I plan to add a fuse box to feed a USB port and underbody LEDs into the car. Anyone care to share how and where they mounted their fuse box?
I’d like the fuse box to be triggered by a switch or a key so the battery doesn’t get drawn down while sitting. Would appreciate any advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F050FE42-6D39-4857-9DCA-3A33BE0F4CDC.jpg (150.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DAC10ACD-75CE-41AD-B67A-6B14A27D6584.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
kpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring assistance 2008 precedent

You would have to wire a separate cut-off switch for the fuse box, or use maybe a 30 amp relay triggered by the key to supply the main power to the box. The key switch will not be able to provide enough amps for multiple accessories.

I don’t have a wire diagram for that year. Kinda wish I did.

The connectors used on these are just Molex connectors and you can order new ones if you look around enough on google. But pinning a new connector would require a diagram so you know which wire goes where.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
kpowers
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
You would have to wire a separate cut-off switch for the fuse box, or use maybe a 30 amp relay triggered by the key to supply the main power to the box. The key switch will not be able to provide enough amps for multiple accessories.

I don’t have a wire diagram for that year. Kinda wish I did.

The connectors used on these are just Molex connectors and you can order new ones if you look around enough on google. But pinning a new connector would require a diagram so you know which wire goes where.
Yeah that’s what I’m looking for. I’ll see if my local shop can get me a diagram. If someone has their dash apart and could take some pictures that would work too.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:55 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Well? this is what I have...
Granted, the Molex pin layout isn't exactly clear with this diagram, but you may be able to figure it out with your existing connector.
at least it's something!

Click pics to enlarge (a couple more times to REALLY enlarge), right click to save, or print with your browser:

08Prec-1.jpg 08Prec-2.jpg

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
kpowers
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Well? this is what I have...
Granted, the Molex pin layout isn't exactly clear with this diagram, but you may be able to figure it out with your existing connector.
at least it's something!

Click pics to enlarge (a couple more times to REALLY enlarge), right click to save, or print with your browser:

Attachment 187514 Attachment 187515

Thanks! I was able to get a PDF with my local shop. I haven’t decided if I’m going to directly wire it or use a new molex.
I figured out my switchable fuse panel. I will cut the power using an inline circuit breaker under the seat in the battery compartment. That will kill the power to the accessories while the cart sits for 2 weeks between uses.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
kpowers
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I dug into this and started chasing wires, testing , and figuring it out.
I cannibalized the harness that came with my lights but I’ve got it working now. Here’s what I did.
Brown, yellow, and white are the taillight wires in the factory harness. I tied those together.
Blue, Green, and red power the headlight and marker lights on the light harness. I tied those together and with the taillights wires them to one side of the switch.
The other side of the switch goes to the 12ga blue wire in the factory harness. This allows me to use the lights anytime without the key on.
I did not use the red, blue/white, or brown/white wire from the stock harness. I do know the blue/white is 12+ switched with the ignition. I don’t know what the other 2 do honestly.
It would’ve been nice to have a 2 position switch so I could wire the markers and tails to one side and then be able to turn all lights on, but frankly that’s over my wiring ability.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car