lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #11
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Stalling and sputtering

Mine fouled a spark plug and acted similar to yours. Try and new plug and see if that makes a difference.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 07:42 AM   #12
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc53 View Post
Really confused. It still does the intermittent thing, especially on initial start but often does it anytime I let the engine coast/stop, where it will not take pedal when I try to accelerate. There is a noticeable difference when it is cold or damp outside, with this condition being much more pronounced.

This is a 2012 EFI model and someone on another forum told me it also has a carburetor. I have never known of a fuel injected engine to have a carb but...this one does...butterfly and all.

Kinda lost on this.
This would be the throttle body for the FI.

https://shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog...b-fc1bd17589d4
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #13
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc53 View Post
2012 Yamaha EFI has been acting up. Here's some back-story:

Bought the cart a year ago in really good shape and ran quite well. Near the end of spring/early summer it started acting up a bit - not all the time. Usually after cold start it would hesitate or stall and I would need to play with the accelerator a bit and it would catch and go. Sometimes you could feel it while you were driving and it wouldn't accelerate but playing with the pedal usually got it going. Also, if I put Sea Foam in the tank it seemed to do better but still not perfect. I also changed the plug with no real results.

I left for a few months (the cart is in Florida) and just came back. It seemed more pronounced, though it did sit idle for 4 months. More Sea Foam and it seemed to help but still, any time I stop it wants to give me trouble reaccelerating - I always have to play with the pedal.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.
We have a 2013 EFI gas cart that acted simular to what yours is doing but it didn't happen till it had ran for quite a while. After the engine light quit blinking it would start out like nothing was wrong and throttle eratically and quit again and engine light would flash. This was periodic as far as how far it would go and die out again.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #14
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

So I started trying to trouble shoot the problem. I'm trying to determine what controls the operation of the fuel pump. According to the wiring diagram the main switch provides power to it. We have to same year EFI carts. On the other one the fuel pump always comes on for three seconds when you turn the switch on. On the problem cart it never does. It appears there is an ECM ? The only thing I've found is a Turn Signal Module. I tryed expanding the wiring diagram but the writing is so blurred it's still hard to read. Is there a fuel pressure switch I'm missing ? I cannot find a sequence of operation for these golf carts as well.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha