lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default 1995 ez-go twin no fire

hi, recently bought 1995 twin ez-go , spark plugs have no fire. there is a brand new coil already put on, can anyone give me some insight on this problem.
bogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 ez-go twin no fire

There is a broad area to cover here. I would check to see if you have voltage to the coil. Check all connections as well all the way back to the igniter. Insufficient grounds can be the cause. In the spark/ignition system you have your pulsar coil, ign. coil and your igniter. Voltage and ground energize the system. The pulsar watches the flywheel for a signal. The igniter box is the brains of the outfit ( small rectangular black box ). It takes the signal from th pulsar and sends that signal to the ign. coil to generate a timed spark inside the combustion chamber. I would check all my conn... Check voltage to the coil and if these did not show a problem I would check the pulsar to see if it reading a signal from the flywheel. I hope this helps so try it. When you have it narrowed down a little write back with the results.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

OK, thanks very much for the info, will keep you informed.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

well I seem to only have power to one of the ign coil wires, all connections ok.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

ok tested the ign coil with meter according to the service manual and its ok. tested the pulsar coil , it read 19.3, i cant seem to find out how to test the igniter, is there a way to do this with a meter, cleaned all grounds and connections,
Old 04-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can see if the pulser produces a voltage. With the pulser unplugged connect your volt meter to the pulser it should produce about 1/2 a volt ac while spinning the engine on the starter. If it does it's probably good and you can look els ware for the problem.With a new coil and a good pulser your looking at a connection problem or igniter. I can't stress the importance of power and ground connections. Good luck...
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

thanks for the info, iam a little over my head on this one, use to working with briggs and tecumseh.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I am not aware of any way to test the igniter. I've had to replace one before. I've also replaced a brand new coil only days after it was new. I would suggest finding a repair shop or buddy who would let me swap the igniter out to see if thats the prob. If not I would venture a different coil. I know it sounds crazy but i've seen it happen..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have already switched coils, but cant find a igniter to try, thanks for the input
Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #10
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have 12 volts at the coil + thats good. The coil - should turn on and off 12 volts when the engine is cranking. the easiest way to check this is with a 12 volt test light. You can get one at any auto parts store. Ground the test light and touch it to the coil - it should flash on and off when the engine spins over if it does flash and there is no spark the coil is bad if it doesn't flash the igniter is not working right. This doesn't mean the igniter is bad it could be a connection somewhere. Good luck
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO