lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
rdmiddle
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 No Spark

I have a constant 12V to the red/white wire leading into the coil. 523 Ohms between the whit/red and White/Black wire from the pick up, and i have tested the ignitor box on antoher cart (and it worked). All of the ground wires are good.

I have put a test light on the orange wire leading into the coil and it did not flash or light up at all.

I am lost as to what it could be. It appears i am not getting power to the orange wire which is supplied by the pick up.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!
rdmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 No Spark

Test the pickup and check the wires going into the engine, its another coil behind the flywheel however there is one for forward and one reverse...if both don't work seems like they would not both have an issue at once. Check your fuses and wiring also, that is known issue on old yamahas.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
rdmiddle
Not Yet Wild

How do i test the pickup besides checking the ohms between the two white wires?
rdmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

What was I thinking there is only one pickup I must have read G1 somehow not G9. That is a good reading on the coil according to the manual. I would check all the grounds and connections, fuses before you assume a part is bad. These are great carts but do have wiring issues, and everything is grounded with a wire there is no frame ground like a car....you have to check each one, coil, engine block, ignitor, etc., and there is a fuse in the ground wire too for the ignition stuff, as well as the main ground that runs the generator though its obvious when that one quits.

It does not say, but typically you should have very high ohms pickup to ground or its shorted/wires shorted.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
BIG$D
Not Yet Wild

Did you figure it out?

What is your primary coil resistance? Should be between 3.57 and 4.83 ohms at around 68 degrees F.
BIG$D is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha