lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Irindean
Not Yet Wild

Default Recommend lift,wheel and tire combination for heavy mudding clubcar?

I had planned to buy a gas club car and put a 14" lift and 28" tires, and remove the top, but i began to think about how that would still most likely tip easy. I also know that while wheel and tire size has something to do with each others proper fit, and disgraced as i am to say im not really sure what the difference between the sizes should be. So, my question is what is your recommended wheel, tire and lift size for heavy mudding and long atv trail usage?

Clearly im a newbie.Shame on me.
Irindean is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
Irindean
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Recommend lift,wheel and tire combination for heavy mudding clubcar?

Also i had planned to go with a 13hp gas motor, but is that enough to get 20 MPH and climb hills well enough?
Irindean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
cdodd3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recommend lift,wheel and tire combination for heavy mudding clubcar?

I just sold my ezgo gas cart. I had a 10" lift and 26" tires. It is the green one in my profile picture. I could run about 28 mph with it. Hills gave it a run for its money and it do very well on steep hills without a running start. With a gas there are alot of upgrades you can do to get more power. Bigger motor, clutches, etc. It would go through a decent amount of mud if you kept moving. If I stopped in a deep mud hole, I didn't have enough power to get the tires moving again. Also, on steep hills, golf carts are light in the front end and it will tip over backwards very easy. You will most likely need a bigger motor than 13 hp to turn 28s to climb hills and get through big mud holes. Good luck with your build.
cdodd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts