lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
bonuts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1993 EZGO Work Horse questions

OK first off I am not even positive this is what my cart is!! Yeah can you tell I am new at this?

My cart I was just given is a Jacobsen 810 Express, which from what I have read is actually a EZGO work horse, is that correct?

Heres the info from the tag under the glove box.

Model: GXJ-810
Serial No: 84008-2818
Manufacturing Code: A2193

Any info on this?

The cart is very good condition, but it is missing a few parts from the engine bay. My problem is I don't know what was there to begin with. Everything that would have been connected to the crank is gone, as well as what I would assume would be a pulley off the rear diff. I have nothing off the drivers side of the ingine or rear diff.

I also don't know if the engine will run (Robin EH29c) I can tell you it is not seized up, but have not tried to get it running yet. I don't deal with the little engines much (more a v8 guy) but it looks like I am missing a timing belt off the cam as well. With all of this I would guess the cart stopped running and was raped for parts.

Is the Robin engine worth rebuilding? To be honest I only took the cart so I could rob it of suspension, wheels and few other parts to build myself a Pit Cart for hauling tools and parts for our Circle track race car around at the track. But, now that I have had a good look at it, it looks like it might be a cool project. Not to mention a shame to ruin it.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks

bonuts
bonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 1993 EZGO Work Horse questions

They started making what they called "Workhorse" carts in 95. Your cart is a Marathon based cart. Building that engine can be kinda costly depending on what's wrong with it. you could put a different engine in it without to much problems, I would do this before sinking a bunch into the robins engine. The fact that you'll need clutches maybe the deciding factor, they will run you several hundred dollars, factory clutches are pretty high. "Good" used clutches are hard to come by but can be found. If you install a alt. engine your drive clutch should match the engines shaft size, most engines have straight shafts while ezgo runs a tapered shaft. About the cheapest and most powerful way to go is a sled engine, lots of those come with the drive clutch and you can get them pretty cheap off of ebay.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
bonuts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks for the help. I don't mind spending a bit if the 295 is a OK motor. But I will look into Sled motor swaps.

bonuts
bonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
driggars
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I also have just recently got a jacobson GXJ-810. For some reason I can't read the ser # . It came w/o the engine block, so I reccently picked up a 11 HP EZ-GO gas engine with a clutch with it.. I also need some kinds of manuals for it to get everything hooked up.
is the 11 HP EZ-GO engine the 350 CC or the 295 CC?. What years did the make the GXJ -810
By the way, I seen a Robins engine for one of these on Ebay yesterday
Clint
driggars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

The 11hp is the 350, not sure how long they made it.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
driggars
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by driggars View Post
I also have just recently got a jacobson GXJ-810. For some reason I can't read the ser # . It came w/o the engine block, so I reccently picked up a 11 HP EZ-GO gas engine with a clutch with it.. I also need some kinds of manuals for it to get everything hooked up.
is the 11 HP EZ-GO engine the 350 CC or the 295 CC?. What years did the make the GXJ -810
By the way, I seen a Robins engine for one of these on Ebay yesterday
Clint
OK, I was able to get the numbers off my plate
Jacobson Textron
Model # GXJ-810
Ser# 84918-4442
Man. Code D2396

which number would tell me the year?
where could I get the wiring diagram for this, would it be about the same as the workhorse? or?
Thanks, Clint
Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
driggars
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

One other question? which sponser do you know that sales at a reasonable cost for the dump lifting kits?
Clint
Old 08-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by driggars View Post
One other question? which sponser do you know that sales at a reasonable cost for the dump lifting kits?
Clint
Looks like your cart is a 96
The dump kits aren't what I would call a reasonable cost, They're pretty costly. I don't know anyone that sells those but ezgo dealers
Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
driggars
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Reading another thread on the forum, It was mentioned that a heavy duty actuator with a 6" stroke will work. Is 6" enough? I guess that it also will depent on overall length of the actuator as well unless I make new mounts for one
Clint
Old 08-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

6" - 1500 lb is what the factory ones are, i've seen an 8" one used before but i'm not sure if the mounting holes in the bed were moved. It would stand the bed about straight up though. I'll see if I can find the overall measurement for you but they're pretty standard cause of what it takes to get the 6" stroke
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO