lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Club Car Matt
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some help troubleshooting

I have a 2005 Club Car DS gas and I've recently had trouble getting the cart started. For the last couple months I've had to pump the accelerator to get the motor to turn over and then it runs fine. At first I thought the battery was getting weak so I charged it overnight and checked the voltage the next day and it read 12.43V. When I depress the pedal I can hear the solenoid pick up also so that seems to be working. Im getting voltage to the solenoid but not across the two large posts. Its only a few months old which doesn't mean much these days. All the grounds and cables are connected and tight. The limit switches seem to be functioning but there are so many of them Im not sure which one or how to go about checking them. Sorry for rambling but any help or direction where to check will be appreciated. Thanks
Club Car Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
machynys
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need some help troubleshooting

Are you still looking for answers to this problem? Is the generator turning when you depress the go pedal?
machynys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
Club Car Matt
Not Yet Wild

Yes I'm still searching for answers. I will be working on it again tomorrow when im off work. When the pedal is depressed it does nothing almost like the battery is dead. Im wondering if its either a bad limit switch or the solenoid. What do you think?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

MATT, I had the same problen press the the pedal you hear the solenoid click and the starter will not turn, hit the pedal several time, sometimes starts, swap out starter with friends club car starter had the same problem. replace the solenoid fix the problem, if you do not have power across the two large posts when you press the gas pedal bad solenoid , put it in maintance mode press the pedal and jump the two large posts and the starter should turn if not bad solenoid. hope this helps
imjman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
Club Car Matt
Not Yet Wild

thanks I'll try that when I get home today and let you know.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
hunt4food
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree I have had to cc with same issue and you are right you can here solinoid click but in both cases a new silanoid fixed the problem the decline cart I replaced with a yamaha g9 seemed way better quality but did not fit in the box
hunt4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Club Car Matt
Not Yet Wild

Checked out the solenoid today and when I jumpered across the two posts the cart started. Where is the best place to get a quality solenoid? I bought this last one on ebay and it didn't last long be aware you get what you pay for. Are these things directional when you put them in or does it matter? Appreciate the help!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm glad it worked, I got my solenoid from ebay from Golf Cart King which is a sponsor for this website, I hope my solenoid lasts for a long time ! and I don't know if they are directional ? just hook it up and it worked.

J-MAN
imjman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car