lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 PM   #1
Piddler 45
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 DS conversion and overhaul

I'll start this post with a big thank you to Dave at Revolution. With out his help I would not have finished this project. I have never had such follow through from a supplier after the purchase than he gave. He was always available and patient when I had questions, even the stupid ones. I know he had to be laughing at some of the questions coming from someone who had never been near a cart with a wrench.

Also thanks goes out to all who replied to my first post when I first got the cart and all the information I have gleaned from this forum.

I also got tremendous customer service from All-Sports and Alltrax as well. Could not recommend them enough.

Got the 96' DS 48 volt power drive plus for $400 thinking it only needed batteries to get it going. Turns out that wasn't the case. Neither the seller or I knew any better.

Here is what was replaced or added: Batteries, all wiring, MCOR, Alltrax 48300 IQ controller, HD solenoid, OBC, wheels and tires, light kit, All-Sports 4" super A-arm lift, HD springs, 4 shocks, tow/run switch, pivot arm & steerage linkage ball joints, replaced trans-axle fluid, and built a rear cargo box.

A few thoughts for anyone wanting to do this conversion or work on a cart to this extent, who like me, doesn't know the first thing about carts . First anyone with the inclination to do it, can. I am not a mechanic (I'm in health care) but, was raised by one so I have a basic understanding. You will need some basic tools. The only tool I had to buy was a large heavy duty right angle snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring holding in the axle to work on the brakes; the ones I had wouldn't work. Found out later may not need to remove axle to replace brake pads and adjust. The steering wheel can be a bugger to remove. All I can say is heat gun. Don't put the recommended locktite on the lift spindle bolts until you have camber and toe-in where you want it (All-Sports actually sent me a replacement passenger spindle no charge). Had front tires on and off seems like a hundred times. Make sure wiring harness and motor wires will reach controller where you mount it or you will be taking it off to change controller orientation. Same for solenoid. Have some electrical connectors and a little wire on hand you'll need them. Don't get nervous when you finish because there are a lot of nuts and bolts and various other parts left over; they don't all go back on! Lastly don't get frustrated. Enjoy the challenge.

Now for a few pictures. I don't have any of the cart when I first got it. Lost them with a new phone. But you can get an idea of how rough an dirty it was just from the dirt on the motor. Also a lot of crude all over the carts frame and battery well from what must have been an explosion of all the old batteries. It's not the prettiest, fastest or extravagant cart out there but, that was not my intent as I am going to use it as a tool for my farm and hunting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (72.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0993.jpg (156.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0995.jpg (184.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0996.jpg (197.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0997.jpg (175.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Piddler 45; 01-28-2016 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Image orientation
Piddler 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2016, 10:54 PM   #2
Piddler 45
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 DS conversion and overhaul

A few more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1003.jpg (100.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1001.jpg (108.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0994.jpg (174.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0005.jpg (114.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0014.jpg (145.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-28-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
Piddler 45
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know how to rotate images to correct orientation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0999.jpg (123.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1005.jpg (177.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0008.jpg (132.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Very nice. Glad I could help you with your build. Now it's time to enjoy it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car