lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
jeffkerr24@me.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 TXT PDS - Accessory wiring help

Hello. I have an 06 TXT PDS. My next project is adding lights,radio, horn etc...Does anyone have good close up pics of the two different ways of doing this? With multiple accessories attached? I just want to see the difference between using the 12V battery with distribution block vs voltage reducer and how to hook it all up(multiple things)Thanks.
jeffkerr24@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
jhop869986
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 TXT PDS - Accessory wiring help

I have a voltage reducer running a fuse block and bus bar, in my opinion I chose the reducer so I could charge the pack and not have to worry about charging a separate battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhop869986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
jeffkerr24@me.com
Not Yet Wild

Do you have pics of that set up? I like that idea. I'm also trying to go the cheapest route too so not sure which way that is.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cheapest route? Buy quality
The cheapest reducer will cost you double.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC reducer diagram #1`.jpg (92.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #5
jeffkerr24@me.com
Not Yet Wild

I meant cheaper as in which route to go. 12V battery or Voltage reducer. Thanks for the diagram. If anyone has actual pics of their set up shoot them my way. I'm not too good with reading the diagrams. My question is, since the reducer has only two leads coming out and I need to connect more than one thing, what is used?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #6
jhop869986
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You'll want to probably buy the one that scottyb has, I bought a cheap Amazon one and it nearly burnt my garage down. You'll run + and - to the posts that make up the pack voltage of your cart, from there you will run one from the negative post to the buss bar and run your green 12v wire to the fuse block. Then your accessories will run + to the fuse block and - to the buss bar, I'll post pics when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhop869986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like has been said, get yourself a good reducer from ScottyB or one of the other site vendors. Then connect it to this panel which is the 6 circuit with ground bar and cover:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000THQ0CQ...d=YS8VG8R8YQYZ
Connect the output of the reducer to the panel, then connect all your accessories. See the picture of an install in a Yamaha with lithium pack. Makes for a clean install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ryan - Pack Power Conn.jpg (314.5 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkerr24@me.com View Post
I meant cheaper as in which route to go. 12V battery or Voltage reducer. Thanks for the diagram. If anyone has actual pics of their set up shoot them my way. I'm not too good with reading the diagrams. My question is, since the reducer has only two leads coming out and I need to connect more than one thing, what is used?
You could try? The picture (not even a real diagram) clearly shows the 12v + going to a fuse panel for multiple fused connections and the 12v - going to a buss bar allowing for many common ground connections.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Here is my set up.....I've done this twice....

PIC38.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #10
jeffkerr24@me.com
Not Yet Wild

Im back.... never did anything yet with my set up. I can’t see the diagram. I installed my reducer “In” positive and negative directly to the positive and negative battery pack. Was going to run the positive and negative outs from the reducer to my fuse block. Is that ok? Also, I would like to have my lights going off of a switch. How do you recommend I do that? Run the lights to the switch and the switch to the fuse block? Last thing, I’m ok with radio coming on automatically when I turn on cart. How do I do that?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO