lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Batteries for 36 Volt Limo Cart

I am debating buying an EZGO 36 volt 8 seater Limo cart. Does anyone know what capacity batteries came stock in the 36 volt Limo carts with 8 seats?

Seems like they would need a special high Capacity battery to pull that much load for a reasonable time (or they must run really slow).
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries for 36 Volt Limo Cart

Any 36 volt cart is going to be kind of slow. I don't know of any of the manufacturers who used any different battery in the 6 or 8 seat "limo" type carts. They generally went with whatever they were putting in their other carts at the time. As a rule you want to put the most capacity you can (or can afford). If you are looking at buying one that needs batteries either: 1) Be prepared to spend a bunch of money for batteries for so-so performance or 2) Get with Scotty B & prepare to spend a bigger bunch of money to upgrade to 48 volt for somewhat better performance.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it is a 36 volt limo it is an older cart and "normal" batteries for EZ at the time were Trojan T-105s(225ah) and probably had a series drive system. As they went further they progressed to 48 volts with 8 6 volt T-105s and still series. Newer models now are mostly 48 volt with either 6 8(T-675 or 875)s or 8 6s. If it is a series and you plan on upgrading to 48 is the way to go..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If it is a 36 volt limo it is an older cart and "normal" batteries for EZ at the time were Trojan T-105s(225ah) and probably had a series drive system. As they went further they progressed to 48 volts with 8 6 volt T-105s and still series. Newer models now are mostly 48 volt with either 6 8(T-675 or 875)s or 8 6s. If it is a series and you plan on upgrading to 48 is the way to go..
If I get it, I will probably go with 8- 6's IF it already has an electronic controller. I have a couple of 36 volt fleet txts I am going to upgrade to 48 volts, so I could do this one at the same time.

If it is a resistor cart I will either pass on it or leave it 36 volts. BTW, it is an 89 PCX-957
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO