lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Default Quick help tonight?

Can't figure out which post to wire my reducer to. I don't see a post that shows 36v in the 3rd position that doesn't show up in the second position. Any thoughts? Here is a pic of the switch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Stingray240CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Quick help tonight?

I may be wrong but the two blue wires with a white stripe should be for lights. Are you trying to tap into the power wire to turn the reducer on and off? If so put your probe on main negative battery and other probe on each terminal on back of switch. The right one will show pack voltage only when key is on
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #3
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

I'm pretty sure I'm looking for 36v in the on position. Only I'm not seeing 36v in the on position. I think you are right about the blue wires, but not sure how that changes after adding the reducer. In the picture, I'm trying to run #2 to what I would think is switched 36v from the key.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Always helpful to post year and drive type of your cart.

For what it’s worth, my 2001 series cart had the same blue wires and they are for the headlights. I’m definitely no expert, but I don’t think you’re going to find 36v on the 3rd position, as this is for the 12v lights from the factory that are powered from the fuse block on drivers side. You’ll definitely have 36v on one of the posts that is on in the second position.

I think you should be able to use that 2nd key position for your trigger wire, then run the 12v for your lights from the 12v block out of the reducer, and through the 3rd position. I don’t believe the reducer being powered up when the cart is on draws a significant amount to be an issue. I ran separate switches for all of my accessories as i use them often when the cart is just sitting and i don’t want it ghost riding, but we all use our carts differently.

Hope this helps at least a bit.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

You were right on not finding 36v on 3rd position. I just wired it to the 36v in the ON position and all is good. I appreciate you guys chiming in. Here is a pic.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looks great
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Very nice!

I haven’t seen that light bar before. An led replacement? I put led bulbs in my factory unit, but i don’t think it brightened it up much. If it did, I’d still like it a bit brighter. I was in the middle of the rebuild, so i pushed it to the back burner, and now don’t remember what watt led’s i used. I’ll have to check and then figure out if some brighter bulbs would work, or maybe buy the one you have there.

Do you know if the one you have there is brighter than the original? And where did you get that?

Thanks and glad you got yours working.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

I bought this cart a week or two ago and the original headlight had a busted lens. It was working, but I didn't really test it to compare. I haven't had a chance to see it at night yet, but I'll post a picture here tonight.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #9
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Here is a video and pic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDO7stSSkk8

Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hard to tell for sure without a side by side, but that looks quite a bit brighter than mine. Have you come head on with any cars yet? Anybody flashing their high beams at you? It would definitely nice if mine was a bit brighter, but I’m on the streets at night with it enough that i don’t want to blind the cars coming at me.

Thanks for posting that. I saw in your other thread where you purchased it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO