lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #11
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Default Re: 6.5" Bazooka Sub Install - 2017 RXV

In this picture, I would expect your two fosgate speakers to be wired to the R-,R+,L-, and L+.

Then #2 would go to your ignition and #3 would go to your reducer positive block. #4 would go to your negative block.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Stingray240CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #12
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Also, your blue Bazooka RCAs would plug into the Red and White RCAs on the Kicker.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #13
simonc17
Not Yet Wild

Being told I might need another DC to DC converter to make this work. Folks at the place where I bought my cart saying this is why they don't put subwoofers in because it's too difficult and will always ruin batteries. Who knows??? I don't get why it's this hard and there's gotta be a way to do it where it doesn't affect my battery life too much.
simonc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #14
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonc17 View Post
Being told I might need another DC to DC converter to make this work. Folks at the place where I bought my cart saying this is why they don't put subwoofers in because it's too difficult and will always ruin batteries. Who knows??? I don't get why it's this hard and there's gotta be a way to do it where it doesn't affect my battery life too much.
Simon:

You may need to replace your converter, not needing another converter. The important thing to understand before wiring up accessories in the RXV is anticipating the amount of power your accessories (now and future) would require and then purchase the appropriate converter. You should identify the capabilities your converter then assess your requirements.
There are several site sponsors that have great converters....I got mine from Carts Unlimited.
Then (as Josh said) you need to wire your converter to a fused block so your not wiring directly into your converter and creating a huge mess without appropriate fuses.
The process isn't difficult, however just a little planning and taking it slow. Just ask questions and gather the correct parts to support your accessories.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #15
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

I'm just joining the golf cart world as an owner so maybe I'm missing something. The only reason i can think of you needing a new reducer is that your current reducer may not put out enough amps/watts. I would talk to Scottyb or one of the other supporting vendors. I think Scotty sells a nice reducer for about $100 that everyone seems to like.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #16
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe scotty’s Reducers are capable of 20 or 30 amps.

Simon, you need to take some time and get a handle on what you currently have, what you want to do, and what you need to make all of that happen.

I’m definitely not an expert on any of this, but I’ve put in quite a few car audio setups. You can for sure diy, but you need to figure it all out so that you don’t end up costing yourself time and money by messing up your cart; blowing audio equipment; or coming out with a system that doesn’t do what you thought it would.

Your reducer is going to supply all of your 12v power. Meaning lights, radios, amplifiers, etc. you need to calculate the amp draw of all of those things and have a 12v power supply that is capable of putting out that amount of amps. The basic formula is watts/volts. However, for the bazooka, which i believe has an internal amp, you need to have a buffer due to the inherent inefficiency of the amp. The stuff I’ve read prior, usually advocates a 100% safety factor. Being no expert, I’ve always followed this, but you should be able to get that info from the supplier or the manufacturer. Add that number to what your head unit (believe you have a kicker control unit) draws (it also has an amp that powers your fosgates) plus whatever lights, etc you have.

As far as wiring it all, i agree with what has already been said.

If it’s helpful, here is a sort of overall, general idea of how it all goes together.

-Head unit powered by your 12v reducer through your key or a separate switch
-Head unit supplies signal (music) and power to your fosgates
-head unit sends unpowered signal to your amp through your low level outputs (rca’s in your case).
-head unit should/may have another wire that signals amp to power up.
-sub, or other speakers, would connect to the amp, but I believe your bazooka is amp/sub combo.
-sub would also be hooked to a 12v power source (your reducer)

Hopefully this helps some. To echo earlier posts, your fosgates should not be connected to your reducer. There would be no way for them to get a signal that way.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO