lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
ufjaz
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Precedent Turn Signal Won't Blink

My neighbor has a 2007 Precedent. The left turn signal won't work. The right turn signal works fine. When the left turn signal is envoked, there is no blinking sound from the flasher, the front bulb does not light at all, the rear bulb lights steadily.

The front bulb is fine, and I replaced the flasher, but the problem persists. My only other thought was perhaps a blown fuse is the issue. But I could not find a fuse block.

Can someone tell me if a blown fuse could be the issue, where the fuse block is, and provide a wiring diagram for troubleshooting? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
ufjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Precedent Turn Signal Won't Blink

Are you getting voltage to the front bulb.? Could be a bad connection. Follow the wires.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
ufjaz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Are you getting voltage to the front bulb.? Could be a bad connection. Follow the wires.
No voltage at the front bulb, and bulb is good. The rear bulb lights but doesn't blink. I don't know how they are wired, but I thought the front and rear would both behave the same - especially if they used a common circuit/fuse.

Because the flasher does not blink for the left turn signal but does for the right, I suppose that means the issue is downstream of the flasher (seeing how a new flasher didn't solve the issue. I was hoping a wiring diagram would be a benefit.
ufjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

For years on autos if flasher did not blink on one side it meant you usually had a bad bulb. Or a bad connection. These carts didn't likely come with turn signals, they have been added on. Start at the bulb that is not working and follow the wires to find the bad connection. Lots of time the problem is in the socket the bulb fits into. Clean the contacts in the socket and on the bulb, if good follow the wires to where they connect. They may have been broken or a connector pulled loose. You just have to look.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:25 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The last time I had a problem it was in the socket. The wire was never solder to the socket. It was just stuck thru the eyelet and eventually it became a bad connection and wouldn't work.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #6
fresnel151
Not Yet Wild

I had a similar problem that was caused by a faulty rear LED tail light. The LED board in the light had corroded and was causing several weird turn signal/ brake light/ tail light issues.
fresnel151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car