lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2020, 09:32 PM   #1
Elitegolf1
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 Club Car Precedent brake light switch no power

Hello everyone I have researched on here and other forums and still haven’t figured out my issues. So all my lights are functioning and working as they should other than I have no power on the red power wire on the brake switch. After research I found they the gray wire off the 12 pin connection on the light harness under the dash feeds the 48V+ to the relay. I don’t have a femail gray wire anywhere on my main harness to connect to the light harness. I have tried jumping a wire from the main B+ and still not working. But I can jump 12V off a battery straight to the brake switch and it functions as it should turning off and everything. But it functions with the key switch on or off. Anyone ran into this same issue or could help me in any way would be great.

Info on the cart
07 Club Car Precedent
4 12V Batteries
No power reducer at the moment
Relay is wired correctly under the dash(I have also tried two different relays)
Timer harness is also wired correctly(also have tired a new one of these)

Thanks
Elitegolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 07 Club Car Precedent brake light switch no power

That gray wire with a bullet connector needs to be connected to the back of the 12-pin bucket harness.

That wire brings the switched +48v key switch output to the relay 3/16" quick connector with a Blue/White wire. The orange 3/16" quick connector of the relay is the negative.

Look on the back of the 12-pin connector for a short pigtail where that gray wire connects.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
Elitegolf1
Not Yet Wild

That’s what I was trying to say. There isn’t a female end anywhere around there for the male bullet connection to connect too. I know of the wire you’re talking about I’ve seen it on other carts. This one just doesn’t have one visible like I’ve seen on others. I’ve got the mat up and the dash apart so I can see the whole harness.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #4
Elitegolf1
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I checked over my wiring and I still don’t see any female bullet connector anywhere around the male connector. I know that feeds 48+ from the key switch I made a wire from the back of the key switch to there and everything works correctly. Still don’t understand why my harness is missing this correction.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 2007 Precedent has a built-in bucket harness, the optional add-on bucket harness required on the 2008.5+ has the pigtail with the male bullet connector off the 12-pin connector.

Perhaps someone has altered your cart and replaced the bucket harness with the model for the newer carts, your dash harness must not have the +48v switched wire like the newer carts do in order to use that bucket harness.

Running a wire from the key switch to that location should fix the issues.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:23 PM   #6
Blackdogracing
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sergio, I am having the same issue with a 2007 precedent that someone hacked the original harness so the lights would not work but the cart ran fine. I installed a newer light harness and have lights but not sure how to power the brake lights with the gray pigtail. You said to run a wire from the switch to the gray wire, is that correct. Is that a 12 or 48 volt connection?
Blackdogracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car