lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
scantx
Not Yet Wild

Default club car warning light question

Good afternoon. After a friend gave us a nice silver standard and we put all new batteries in, all was good. Now the charger doesn't seem to want to charge and the warning light stays on for 4 seconds, goes off then stays on for 24 seconds. Could it be an issue with the plug we hook into?
Thanks for any help.
scantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: club car warning light question

welcome to BGW...........need more info, what year? model? is it a 36 or 48 volt cart?? 2 very different beasts............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
scantx
Not Yet Wild

Shadowman, thanks. The cart is a 48 volt club car silver standard. I believe it to be an '03 or '10. the serial number is 7h0310-262931. We replaced the old batt's with brand new Trojens. Before buying new batts I plugged the charger into a 48v cart at the local country club. The guy in charge of the carts said it was working great. Could it be the receptical I plug into on the cart?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scantx View Post
Shadowman, thanks. The cart is a 48 volt club car silver standard. I believe it to be an '03 or '10. the serial number is 7h0310-262931. We replaced the old batt's with brand new Trojens. Before buying new batts I plugged the charger into a 48v cart at the local country club. The guy in charge of the carts said it was working great. Could it be the receptical I plug into on the cart?
Which model Trojan batteries did you go with?
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
scantx
Not Yet Wild

I believe they are t-870. They were made about 2 months ago.
A guy at the local shop said to check the plug receptical as sometimes
the pin that is sodered will break. I am also looking at the fuse on the
receptical. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
Many Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
TDAWG
Gone Wild

They should be either T860's or T875's. Just trying to make sure about that part first.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
scantx
Not Yet Wild

I think 860's. I will look when I get home.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes make sure the outlet your using is good if it is and they told you the charger worked than your problem is with the cart.........ser# indicates a 2003 ..............check the fuse thats on top of the charge receptical on the cart under the seat.......theres a clear plastic cover on it..........if thats ok theres a way to run a jumper wire from the charge receptical to the #6 battery to see if your OBC is bad but since i don,t do it that way i,ll let someone who does explain it ( its very simple ) but i will say 8 out of 10 times with a problem decribed as you are its the OBC ......has any work been done on the cart? anyone touched any cables or did this just happen...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #9
scantx
Not Yet Wild

I took the charger to a local shop, hooked it up and it works great. The fuse looks good but I am going to take it out and check. Everything works on the cart lights,stereo,brakes,blinkers, forward and reverse...... I am thinking that the receptical is the culprit.. Will update later today.
Many thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car