lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS cart, stock motor, how fast can I go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Good point on actual tire size vs. advertised number. I just measured my 23" tires and they are actually 22.5" exactly. The max pressure on sidewall is 20 psi and I'm running 25 psi. I may drop that down some and see if I loose any speed.
sportcoupe.......I have dealt with this very subject with a lot of people now truly knowing what the info on the side of the tires means.....the fact that is states MAX PRESURE......its exactly that....service pressure, and in many cases the max pressure to seat the beads.....NOT MAX RUNNING PRESURE. and the fact that you are running 5 psi above that.....you may be asking for trouble. case in point....I too am running 23" tires....mine are ALLTRAIL XLT's....MAX PRESURE for seating beads is 35 psi.....however. stated on the side of the tire is 7 psi OPERATING pressure. just be careful.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #22
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm living on the edge running tires over sidewall max? Nah.

Yes, it says 20 psi max on the tire but that doesn't mean it's gonna blow at 21. Not even close. There is a safety margin in there, probably 300% safety margin I'd guess. I'm perfectly safe at 25psi. I'll lower it if it helps you sleep a little better though.

Bead seating pressure is always higher then the max running pressure too. Your Alltrail example of 7 psi max and 35 psi to seat beads is exactly what I'm referring to. If you've ever worked at a tire shop or even watched them seat beads on car tires with these extremely low sidewalls the pressures it takes are way over the max psi on the sidewall too. In some cases double.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

As with most Notes, Cautions and Warnings, the maximum pressure stamped on a tire's sidewall is determined by Attorneys and Actuaries rather than engineers, and is based on legal president and financial risk rather than pressure testing.

Since golf carts are relatively light loads and travel at relatively low speeds, the owner/operator has a fairly broad latitude of choice and can adjust the pressure for better ride, higher speed, better steering, greater traction and/or any other factor that can be altered by altering tire pressure.

I believe the optimal tire pressure is the pressure that produces the best footprint and the best filling media is Nitrogen rather than air.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Please read the following before airing up your tires

The tires of your car are the only part of the vehicle that connects the vehicle to the road. Tires have a dramatic effect on gas mileage, safety and the safe handling of the vehicle. These tire safety tips will help to ensure you do not neglect your tires!
Tire Air Pressure should be checked in a regular interval. Tires lose air over the course of time. A tire gauge, whether digital or traditional will indicate whether your tires are in need of inflation. Tires should be checked for proper air pressure at least once a month and definitely prior to taking any prolonged road trip. The proper inflation pressure is available from the car’s manufacturer in the owner’s manual, a sticker on the door jamb or inside the fuel door. Tires should be checked when the car has been sitting for a while and the tires are cold. If a tire is found to be under inflated fill the tire with air immediately. An under inflated tire is a dangerous tire!
Often overlooked is the spare tire. Because it is sitting in the trunk of most vehicles, people do not tend to think about the spare losing its air pressure over time. A bad day of getting a flat tire can turn into a horrible one if you discover your spare tire is also flat! So when you check your tires, be sure to check the pressure in the spare tire as well.
Tread Wear and Checking Tread Depth
The best way to Check for tread depth is to use the Abraham Lincoln Method. This method involves placing the edge of a penny upside-down into the tread of the tire. If Lincoln’s head is completely exposed, than it is time for new tires. Rotating your tires every 5,000 (or whenever you change your oil) helps to ensure that all four tires wear evenly.
While checking the tread depth of the tire, it is a good time to inspect both the inside and outside portions of the tire. Tires that have worn unevenly is often an indicator that your vehicle may need an alignment. A proper alignment will help to prevent premature tire wear.
Other Tire Safety Tips and Considerations:
Inspect tires for physical outside damage. When the air pressure is being checked, be sure to inspect the tires for cracks, cuts and bulges. Damages like these often are not repairable and the tire should be replaced as soon as possible as the tire could blow and cause property damage or personal injury.
If your vehicle has a back-and-forth vibration, often felt via the steering wheel at certain speeds, it is possible that one the tires are possibly out of balance. Any reputable tire store should be able to diagnose and re-balance the tires fairly inexpensively.

The Federal Trade Commission Rule of 1979 which governs disclosure of essential information in the sale of franchises to the public underlies the state FDD's and prohibits any private right of action for the violation of the mandated disclosure provisions of the FDDs. Therefore, the FDD implies that only the federal government or the state governments have the right to sue and negotiate consent decrees and rescissions with those franchisors who violate the provisions of the FTC Franchise Rule and the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).

The Franchise Rule specifies FDD disclosure compliance obligations as to who must be the one to prepare the disclosures, who must furnish them to prospective franchisees, how franchisees receive the disclosures, and how long franchisees must have to review the disclosures and any revisions to the standard franchise agreement.[2]

The FDD underlies the franchise agreement (the formal sales contract) between the parties at the time the contract is formally signed. This franchise sales contract governs the long-term relationship and contains the ONLY promises and obligations of the parties to each other that will remain in effect over the stated time term of the contracts – the terms of which generally range from five to twenty years. The contracts cannot be changed unless there is agreement of both parties.

Under the Franchise Rule, which is enforced by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), a prospective franchisee must receive the franchisor’s FDD franchise disclosure document at least 14 days before they are asked to sign any contract or pay any money to the franchisor or an affiliate of the franchisor. The prospective franchisee has the right to ask for (and get) a copy of the sample franchise disclosure document once the franchisor has received the prospective franchisee’s application and agreed to consider it. The franchisor may provide a copy of its franchise disclosure documents on paper, via email, through a web page, or on a disc. Franchise disclosure document requirements.[3]

According to the Federal Trade Commission,[4] there are 15 states that require franchisors to give a FDD to franchisees before any franchise agreement is signed. Thirteen of those states require that they be filed by a state agency for public record.

Let the record state we thank you for the record on the record.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #25
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Someone likes to copy and paste (Scotty). None of that told me anything though.

Anyway, I just revived my post to say I was selling my 48v pds 30 mph cart. The extra 5 psi of air in tires is free.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
Whitey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I bought this cart and its awesome. I decided to do some speed trials on a full charge the next morning.I saw 31 mph on GPS when I got back to the house I saw on the lower part of the screen and it said
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.3 KB, 0 views)
Whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #27
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad you're enjoying it Glenn. That's a pretty amazing max speed.
I didn't realize I was that heavy, I only saw 31 mph.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO