lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
fbooger49@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Question more scooter power

My name is Fletch an happy to join the group. What I need to know is, can I increase the speed and the distance of my eco-smart- metro Razor 36volt electric by adding another 12volt battery, same size, voltage and same mah as the three batteries that came with this scooter new? Is this safe for my scooter and will I burn some parts up like maybe the speed controller, motor etc. I need a power boost for some of the hills in my neighborhood. If this can be done what is the safe way to wire-in the new battery without burning something up in my almost new scooter? I know this is not a golf cart question but power is power, volts are volts and amps. are amps and you guys sound like you know what you are talking about! Thanks for the help/info.
fbooger49@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: more scooter power

You should probably try a scooter forum. Here's a good one.
http://forum.modifiedelectricscooter...b99c795e2d533b

If I was to upgrade a 36v razor product to 48v (for more speed) I would have to upgrade everything, controller, throttle and charger. Those items are not multi-volt compatible.

If I only wanted more range, I would make room for larger 12v batteries (three of them).
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

Default Re: more scooter power

TxPowderCoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO