lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
morrow21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 92 club car resistor, good for hunting, good deal?

Been looking a while for a hunting cart. Came across a club car, he believes it's a 92. It's a resistor cart. His ad states:

Cart is in excellent shape with all new front end and steering. I replaced every bushing and wearable part when I did the lift. 6" double a-arm lift brand new 22" tires, new lights with led tail lights (factory style lights). Cart has new batteries, new battery/hour meter and a good 36v charger. This cart has a lot of torque even with the larger tires it will climb any hill you want it to.

Asking $1500. Am I asking for trouble with a resistor cart? How much could I end up dumping into it? I'd like it mainly for hunting but also around the neighborhood. Thoughts, ideas, questions?
Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
morrow21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 92 club car resistor, good for hunting, good deal?

Sweet cart,. that price I'd jump on it.
Resistor carts can have issues but any cart can have issues, you can deal with that later if necessary, all that work is expensive and adds up, IMO very good deal.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The resistor coil drive system was engineered for the game of golf on 18" tires on a groomed fairway. Bigger tires and larger loads result in additional amperage draw which leads to excessive loads on system components which eventually causes a failure. The cart chassis is set up for a job that the drive system cannot deliver. You will need to convert to solid state electronics to use this cart as you wish. Be prepared to put money into it. It may still be a good deal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can't argue the issues with resistor carts but the amount or work put into it should be worth the price, also once converted even though it would be an expense would turn out a nice hunting cart. Which If you went out and brought another cart that had it all done you would probably be a wash in cost. I guess the first question is list all of the things that was done to this cart, add the cost to what it would take to do the conversion and then compare to something you just buy built. I think you'll save on the long run and you will know exactly what you have once done. Again JMO, SocttyB is well experienced here so that information I do trust.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
morrow21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, kind of what I expected. But as scooterman said, I thought the upgrades already there with lift wheels and tires alone coupled with the cart makes it interesting. How much would I be looking at ballpark to convert to solid state?
Old 11-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
morrow21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like roughly 1k maybe plus the tear down? That may be more work than I can handle right now with a 1.5 year old and one on the way. Maybe I'll just look for a more modern cart. I have found a 99 club car ds for around 1300 I could put a lift and tires on, but I'm guessing I'll need to upgrade the controller and some other things for that too. Would buy one done, just can't afford 3-5k right now
Old 11-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow21 View Post
Looks like roughly 1k maybe plus the tear down? That may be more work than I can handle right now with a 1.5 year old and one on the way. Maybe I'll just look for a more modern cart. I have found a 99 club car ds for around 1300 I could put a lift and tires on, but I'm guessing I'll need to upgrade the controller and some other things for that too. Would buy one done, just can't afford 3-5k right now
Right - there is the trade off. The conversion verses upgrade = about 300.00 more but a set of wheels, tires and lift can easily add up to that.
Don't forget to check batteries. Buying new batteries for the project can add significant expense.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car