lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Steve Holchak
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2011 Precedent

So I left my cart hooked up to charger for 3 weeks. It was fully charged when I left it. Unplugged it at cart and plugged it right back, it took 3 hrs. to charge back up. What gives? It's a CC charger, I thought it would keep it charged if I left it hooked up. 2013 batteries, all check out good Any ideas? Thanks
Steve Holchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holchak View Post
So I left my cart hooked up to charger for 3 weeks. It was fully charged when I left it. Unplugged it at cart and plugged it right back, it took 3 hrs. to charge back up. What gives? It's a CC charger, I thought it would keep it charged if I left it hooked up. 2013 batteries, all check out good Any ideas? Thanks
It turns on every 14 days to recharge. Energy is lost while sitting, that's why there was a 3 hour equalization charge.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
Steve Holchak
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It turns on every 14 days to recharge. Energy is lost while sitting, that's why there was a 3 hour equalization charge.
So it's ok?
Steve Holchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes and no.... A Power Drive charger left hooked up with not keep the batteries fully topped off. In that once plugged in it will comm with the OBC which allows the charger to turn on for a spec length of time and charge rate. It will then turn off and not turn back on for 14 days. After 14 days without use the OBC and charger comm again and it will then recharge as needed and 3 hours to top off is not much at all.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
So it's ok?
YEP...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
So it's ok?
If you left it 3 weeks, it had probably been a week since it was last topped off, so 3 hours to do so is not that bad. I leave my carts plugged in like that for 2 or 3 weeks and they do fine but I recently had an issue with a battery that had gone bad and I was finding that after a week of sitting after the last charge, the cart would barely move. It's fine now after replacing that battery. As long as your batteries are maintained and in decent shape, it shouldn't be a problem.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car