lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
thomslik
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS Heavy Duty Rear Spring Install

I just installed a pair of the 2 leaf Heavy Duty Club Car DS springs from: http://www.cartpartsplus.com/club-ca...duty%20springs
I'm very satisfied! These are plenty stiff and replaced my sagging stock springs on my 2001 DS lifting the rear of my cart back to where it should be, even with my lift kit. Someone else in another thread recommended them but I can't find the thread again. I'm glad I chose these over the 3 or 4 leaf springs available as I cant imagine using anything stiffer.

As others have said, It's best to just cut the rusty front bolts and replace them. I did it he hard way with a hack saw, but that was easier than trying to drive them out after unscrewing them. Thought this might help those trying to decide which springs to choose.
thomslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Heavy Duty Rear Spring Install

I can't imagine doing that with a hack saw. The best way to remove the rusty bolts is to use an air cut-off tool. Make sure you spin the bolt first with an impact wrench to break the nature-weld between the bolt and the aluminum. After you cut through the rubber bushings on each side of the springs, the bolt will tap right out with a hammer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
thomslik
Not Yet Wild

True, that would be the ideal way. But a hacksaw and about 3 or 4 cheap blades, as you will break or wear out a few, a little elbow grease and a couple of beers will do the same thing! It was over before I could get out the grinder or fire up the compressor! This was only a one time ordeal for me so it was worth it. It I was doing it everyday I would definitely go with the cut off tools!
thomslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

When I installed my springs I turned the bolts nut out. If I ever have to take them out again I can use a drift pin to drive them out.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car