lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
Mcdonaldn86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default coil/ resistor Springs questions.

Ok I have a old 36v (1982) club car. I can literally hold cart still if I do this for 15 seconds or so, the resistor sprung will glow red!. I also took title for a 2-3 minute ride came back. And burnt the hell out of my hand when I checked for loose wires and what not what should I look into?
Mcdonaldn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2015, 04:02 AM   #2
Mcdonaldn86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: coil/ resistor Springs questions.

If a micro switch is bad, then cart won't do anything correct?? Just took it off charges. It has a full charge now and I can literally hold cart from moving. Tried finding info about micro switch they just say how to change it out. Nothing that says how it works.
Mcdonaldn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
crash test dummy

ther are 5 micro switches
the micro switches are open when pedal is pushed the speed wedge engages one micro switch closeing the micro switch
inside speed box with micro switches
Old 11-30-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

An Electric motor develops 100 of it's power at 01 RPM. If you can hold the cart back while pressing the go pedal you have a battery or power supply problem.
Try for a more analytical approach like hooking up a meter to get a voltage reading at a stand still and again when you are trying to go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car