lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
bjbbiker
Getting Wild

Default AC golf carts

Are there any motor/controller upgrades for AC systems or are they all designed around DC systems for now? Looking at a 2009 EZGO RXV AC drive but dont know what options are out there for AC motors as it looks like both manufacturers only design DC systems.
bjbbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: AC golf carts

EZGO offer an upgrade controller setup that is supposed to substantially improve performance. I have read several great reviews on here. They are pricey. Maybe someone who has actually installed one will chime in.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
biggie1976
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

One guy her upgraded his RXV but it's expensive. Around 1300
biggie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
Helirich
Gone Wild

$1300 doesn't really sound so much depending on how much the performance is boosted.

When I first got my Marithon (about ten years ago) I use to go on another site for info. That site has shut down, but I remember someone there saying they visited a place in North Caralina (I think) that had AC golf carts that did 50 mph. (They were very expensive) The most interesting thing He also mentioned was that they were silent as compared to a normal electric cart. I have never driven a AC cart. Are they quieter? I thought my carts are allready quiet. Does anybody know of the place in NC?
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
Davey11A
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I installed the 350 amp Curtis controller (Item #: 750566PKG) kit from EZGO on my 2010 RXV. It had the Danaher 225 amp from the factory. Huge improvement in power! I use this cart almost everyday on the ranch to hunt and work, off road and on some pretty steep hills. It will climb any hill or spin the tires trying. The controller did not come with the 19 MPH "Freedom" speed unlocked. Not sure what the speed setting is, but it is fast enough with the long travel lift kit and 23" tall tires. The Danaher controller was unlocked and after installing the 23" tires and lift kit it was fast enough to get in some trouble, especially on the pavement. After installing the tall tires the stock controller would just stop/stall on a hill. Now it will climb at turtle speed or full speed up a steep, soft dirt hill no problem. You can even stop on the hill and and start again, plenty of torque. Best $1300 I have spent on the cart.
This upgrade did not disappoint. The instructions that came with the kit were lacking on details. They seem to be written for someone that had already done this conversion several times. I found myself reading and rereading the instructions before and during the install. From everything I have read on this site you do not want to make any wiring mistakes on the RXV. If you are thinking about doing this upgrade don't hesitate you will be happy with the results. Hope this helps.
Davey11A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
kevinclubcar
Not Yet Wild

what is your phone number !
I need help with this kit !

Thanks
kevinclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #7
kevinclubcar
Not Yet Wild

or picture !

I believe my problem is with the orange and white wire !

All other are plug and play, I cannot see why its it not working other then these 2 wires
kevinclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I did this conversion four months ago or so. My cart is about 1200 miles away from me so no pictures. This is how I remember it.

Recheck your white and orange wires.

White wire comes from the brake. Once you cut the white wire you will be connecting the white wire from the 35 pin connector with these two wires.

Orange wire is coming from the motor sensor this is a four wire connection. Cut the orange wire and splice it together with the loose orange wire coming from the 35 pin connector.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO