lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
30-06
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Electric Motor Rebuilder in Houston?

It looks like I need a new motor for my 2010 Club Car. I've seen several options to buy a new motor or get one from somewhere like Plum Quick.
Has anyone had any experience with a shop in the Houston, Texas area who can rebuild the stock motor? Trying to save on additional shipping costs, etc...
Thanks for any help!
30-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Electric Motor Rebuilder in Houston?

In the long run PlumQuick is still a better deal for future upgrades or just a faster cart. Most auto electrical rebuilders can rebuild your motor and it might be worth having them check your unit and give you a quote. Not knowing the circumstances behind why a motor would fail on that year of cart...it could be as simple as short brushes. Or if somehow a stud burned off because it was loose...those types of repairs are fairly low cost...but if the field coils or armature are bad then the PQ motor would be a better deal. Just my two cents from years of experience.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electric Motor Rebuilder in Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-06 View Post
It looks like I need a new motor for my 2010 Club Car. I've seen several options to buy a new motor or get one from somewhere like Plum Quick.
Has anyone had any experience with a shop in the Houston, Texas area who can rebuild the stock motor? Trying to save on additional shipping costs, etc...
Thanks for any help!
How goes it friend? I live in the memorial area and rebuild about 10 carts a year and sell them. I've tried finding a few companies here local that do that. All wanted way too much. Remember many of the electrical motives are used in the oil patch here and that industry is completely business market driven which means not consumer price driven.
I choose Plummquick. They can have a motor to you within a week in most cases that performs a lot better than a rebuilt and will be made specifically for your needs.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
30-06
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the home town info Htownblue, I'm in the Clear Lake area. Plum quick sounds like a good option. I was hoping to give a local shop some business but I'm sure I'll be happy with a purple motor!
Old 05-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #5
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the home town info Htownblue, I'm in the Clear Lake area. Plum quick sounds like a good option. I was hoping to give a local shop some business but I'm sure I'll be happy with a purple motor!
If you ever need service or some parts, hit me up friend. PM me here or email htownblue@gmail.com

I have sold quite a few in Clear Lake. Down there every day for work too.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
30-06
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Maybe you can answer a motor question for me? You may have seen this before when building your other carts. My cart cuts out after it drives for a few feet. I checked the obc, mcor and all the wires.all were good. I was told to check the continuity on the motor between each set of posts. A1 & A2 had 0 continuity but F1 & F2 had 2.0 continuity. The continuity between the F posts is what leads me to believe there is an internal issue with the motor, thoughts?
Old 05-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Maybe you can answer a motor question for me? You may have seen this before when building your other carts. My cart cuts out after it drives for a few feet. I checked the obc, mcor and all the wires.all were good. I was told to check the continuity on the motor between each set of posts. A1 & A2 had 0 continuity but F1 & F2 had 2.0 continuity. The continuity between the F posts is what leads me to believe there is an internal issue with the motor, thoughts?
It does exhibit a problem that could certainly be motor related. IIRC continuity between A posts should be active....I think....

Check your batteries as well. Make sure you don't have a dead battery. Or a dead cell in a single battery which would crash the voltage when the MCOR demands full voltage.

I would also check your solenoid and controller to see if both are allowing the proper voltage to go to motor.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
30-06
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update- I changed the motor and went with a plum quick bandit. Speed is around 23mph. Good choice.
That wasn't the reason my cart wasn't running though, the problem was the solenoid.
All is good now, thanks for the advice.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #9
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
In the long run PlumQuick is still a better deal for future upgrades or just a faster cart.

Agreed, I am quite happy with the price and the performance of my Plum Quick Bandit for sure.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #10
greg-g
Gone Wild

In five days you sent your motor to plum quick, they rebuilt it sent it back to you, you put it in, found it wasn't the motor that was bad went and got a solenoid put it in got your car running that was certainly your best choice a local company could not have done it that fast
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car