lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 99 Club Car 48 not IQ Just quit No solonoid click Where to start Diagnose

Here we Don`t go ! New batteries and cables . Ran fine for about 6 hrs over a two week period. Today went 3 blocks and just quit. Anybody got any diagnostics pages from manuals or ideas. I`m experienced in golf carts. I work on them daily but mostly Electric ezgo. I`m a little short on info for these club cars. This is 99 no tow/run switch.V Glide with controller. Looks like a Curtis 1204 controller. I have no solonoid click. Rev buzzer works. No other response from it. FWD/REV Switch looks good as far as I can see with out taking it apart. No signs of heat or smell of (Magic Smoke ). Does the OBC often go down and cause this kind of symptom? As I see that the yellow wire from one small post on sol goes to OBC. Ground for sol I suspect. I do have a wiring diagram for it . Any ideas where to go first would help.Thanks ;Rick
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 99 Club Car 48 not IQ Just quit No solonoid click Where to start Diagnose

Is this a series car (lever operated F&R Switch) or a Regen 2 (Toggle F&R Switch with Tow/Run switch under the seat)?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #3
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 Club Car 48 not IQ Just quit No solonoid click Where to start Diagnose

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
Here we Don`t go ! New batteries and cables . Ran fine for about 6 hrs over a two week period. Today went 3 blocks and just quit. Anybody got any diagnostics pages from manuals or ideas. I`m experienced in golf carts. I work on them daily but mostly Electric ezgo. I`m a little short on info for these club cars. This is 99 no tow/run switch.V Glide with controller. Looks like a Curtis 1204 controller. I have no solonoid click. Rev buzzer works. No other response from it. FWD/REV Switch looks good as far as I can see with out taking it apart. No signs of heat or smell of (Magic Smoke ). Does the OBC often go down and cause this kind of symptom? As I see that the yellow wire from one small post on sol goes to OBC. Ground for sol I suspect. I do have a wiring diagram for it . Any ideas where to go first would help.Thanks ;Rick
New cables , did you run the wire back through OBC,...?
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your reply. As I said in my post this is non regen with v glide switch and curtis controller it is a series system. I found the trouble .The v glide switch mounting bolt tab broke off and let the v glide switch just move around free.So as soon as I remount the v glide switch it will be fine . I held it in place and pushed throttle and it came alive. So thanks again for your response. Rick
Old 06-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
Thanks for your reply. As I said in my post this is non regen with v glide switch and curtis controller it is a series system. I found the trouble .The v glide switch mounting bolt tab broke off and let the v glide switch just move around free.So as soon as I remount the v glide switch it will be fine . I held it in place and pushed throttle and it came alive. So thanks again for your response. Rick
I must have missed that. Sorry. But I'm glad you got her fixed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #6
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks . I removed switch and had to fabricate a bracket to fit bottom of case with new holes for factory mount holes and 6 rivets to the bottom of case spread out to the rear of bottom and its very stable and in its original location all is good only had to turn rod end on throttle rod 1 turn to get perfect adjustment of switch. Runs fine. Thanks again. Rick
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car