lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DPI customer service issues

Sent you a PM
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #12
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Sent you a PM
Got it thanks!
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:55 AM   #13
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

I finally received the replacement control board from DPI. Looks like their shipment and my letter to their CEO went out about the same day.

Will be interested to see if I get a response to my letter detailing the poor customer service I have gotten for the past two weeks.

Have not had a chance to install the new board yet. Just hope it fixes my charger issue.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:41 AM   #14
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Hope it works out for you and keep us posted if you do get a response back from DPI about the CS issue.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #15
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

wow I cant believe that , I have spoke to Rick a few times in the past over an issue i had and he was fantastic. it took about two weeks to get my part in to them and get my new part back .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:04 AM   #16
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
wow I cant believe that , I have spoke to Rick a few times in the past over an issue i had and he was fantastic. it took about two weeks to get my part in to them and get my new part back .
When I spoke with him the third time, he said he had been sick and they had lots of lightning damage issues. May be so, but that is still not an excuse for the ongoing issues, loosing me from their system (or never being put in there), and the repeated story that the part is going out that day or the next day.

I'll get over it, just concerned with what if any damage was done to my new batteries.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:09 PM   #17
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

The board was installed About a week ago and it performed much differently than the other one. The previous one kept the voltage over 60v, this one was keeping it about 52-54.
However, now it's got a blinking power led whether just ac plugged in and not connected to cart, or just cart plugged in, or both plugged in. Powered down, waited, plugged back in and just blinking power led.
We've had some storms so don't know if it got zapped or what.
I despise dealing with DPI. For those of you with this charger, do you think it's fried?
Right now, I regret buying it.

Ps: CEO never responded to my letter of complaint.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #18
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Mine blinks as a self diagnosis then solid. Plug in wall then cart is what i do. I didnt read back so dont remember but did u buy per your obc situation? Also i have never seen mine above 58v...like others say 60+.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:32 PM   #19
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could be that your batteries became excessively discharged while waiting for parts. Keep it plugged in all the time when not using it. And 52-54v is the float voltage.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #20
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

More info,..

I've had the new board installed for maybe a week and it seemed to be working. Old board stayed over 60v and always ran 4-5 amps even after 24 hours on charge. Batteries always bubbling and batteries always warm. When I'd power the old charger the amp meter would jump around erratically for about 10 seconds, settle down, then rise up slowly and steady to 15-17 amps.

New board, meter never jumped around, it would go through detection then the amps would rise up to 15-17 amps. I'd check 24 hours later and the amp meter down to around zero and battery voltage I think was something like 52.5 (I wrote it down but may not be recalling correctly) Either way, much lower amps and volts after 24 hours.

Haven't been on the cart in a couple of days, we've had some lightning storms and when I went down last night, the power led was blinking on and off every 5 seconds or so. Don't see anything specific in the manual as to what that means but whether connected to cart of not, still blinks on and off. Left powered off for 30 sec and tried again with same results. Battery pack showing 52.1v and individual batteries range from 8.67- 8.7v.

So don't know if it got fried by lightning or what. Since I don't want to talk to DPI I may email them and see if they will respond. I still have the old board which I can use but have to shut off since the voltage stays high and amps don't drop below 4-5 a.

I don't have a OBC and I kept the batteries up with the old board/charger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car