lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car Throttle problem

Hi. I don't know too much about Club Car Precedents but I decided to help a friend troubleshoot his cart. He bought the cart not running. He changed the Solenoid, the MCOR charger recepticle and some other parts because some Golf Cart Forum contributors recommended these parts be changed.lol.
I have a Curtis Hand Held programmer, and when plugged in It's getting a HPD fault and a throttle fault. Everything seems to be correct but the throttle range is between 30% and 44% at rest or when foot switch is a acctivated. If I unplug the MCOR, clear the codes then replug it. I can get the solenoid to activate and it will take off agressivly do to the high throttle. This will only work once then it shuts down do to the two faults .
The big question is why would the throttle rest a 30+? I tried 2 different MCORs both with the same results. I also disconnected if from the pedal assembly and it has the same results. Is there anything to try besides a new controller? Maybe a chafed wire? Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions?
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car Throttle problem

HPD prevents accidental sudden starts if
problems in the throttle linkage (e.g., bent parts, broken return spring) give a
throttle input signal to the controller even with the throttle released.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #3
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Correct the HPD is preventing the main solenoid fron closing. The problem is according to the programmer the MCOR is resting above 30%. At rest meaning the pedal is not pressed and the linkage isn't bent. I fact with the MCOR not mounted and just plugged in it still stays above 30%. One new and one used MCORs are both showing that the controller is seeing the 1/3 throttle at rest. I just am trying to figure out if a pinched wire could cause the Resistance issue. Seems unlickly since if it was a pinched or cut wire it should read 0 or 100%.
Could a defective controller be causing the faulty reading? Now according to the handheld programmer the throttle does still work it just starts above 30%. If I continue to press the pedal down it will vary from 30% to 100% correctly.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is this a Precedent Excel?

The 2 letter and next 4 digits of the serial number will tell the kind of harness (and possible adapters) installed depending on the year model.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

I ll check first thing tomorrow,and post it. Thanks for the reply
Old 07-24-2016, 02:51 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you got the programmer why don't you do the dead band adjustment?
Old 07-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #7
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure what that is but my controller is fromFSIP and it's the entry level piece. I don't be live I can do any adjusting with it
And as for the tag on it
PQ1032-115478

The confusing thing is it can't be linkage or anjustmebt because with the MCOR in not installed but plugged it it stills shows over 30% throttle
It's got to be the controller or possible the wiring going between the MCOR and the controller. Possibly a pinches wire causing the controller to see a the incorrect resistance. I was just hoping someone saw this problem before so u don't need to swap the controller. Can someone tell me the correct eat ti test the MCOR from the controller plug?
Old 07-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Measure the resistance of the MCOR. It should vary between 6K and 200 ohms. (approx). If it does it's not the MCOR.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #9
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

I swapped the controller with a rebuilt controller and it reads the exact same thing. Someone mentioned about and adaptor? I checked the resistance with the controller unplugged and the resistance is a is high which could be the reason for the high pedal fault. Should the wires go directly from the MCOR to the controller plug or does it go to something else or terminate somewhere?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since Your S/N is PQ1032, You should not have to worry about the TPS to MCOR adapter.

It would be helpful to use pin numbers, wire colors and actual readings to determine if there is problem.

Disconnect the 16-pin connector from the controller and measure the resistance between pin #2 (yellow wire) and pin #3 (purple wire).

You should get a range from pedal Up to pedal Down of about 1kΩ to 7kΩ.

Also measure the resistance from pin #1 (white/black wire) to pin #3 (purple wire), this is a static reading and will not change with pedal movement.

Remove the 3-pin connector from the MCOR and make sure there is resistance reading from Pins: 1,2 and 3 on the 16-pin connector and the 3-pin connector of the MCOR.

Please post the actual values measured.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car throttle fault
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car