lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2016, 09:15 PM   #11
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car Throttle problem

I will check all those tomorrow. When the 3 pin is removed from the MCOR the reading between yellow and white goes to 0. I did take the measurement between yellow and white with the 16 pin disconnected and I did get varied resistance with the pedal but I did not record it. I will tomorrow. Should those wires go directly from the 3 pin connector to the 16 pin? If so ther should be 0ohms on each color Inbetween connectors?
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Correct, the wires should go directly from the 16-pin controller connector to the MCOR 3-pin connector. You should get 0Ω resistance between the 2 connectors.

It would help if You take 3 measurements at the 16-pin connector so we can determine if the MCOR voltage divider has the proper ratio (The MCOR needs to be plugged):
Yellow to White/Black (it should go high to low)
Yellow to Purple (it should go low to high)
White/Black to Purple (it should be fixed)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #13
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Yellow to purple 2k to 7.4
White to purple. 6.2
White to yellow. 7.5 to 2.1k
0 ohms on each wire between connectors with connectors disconnected.
Open reading between each pair with pedal disconnected
Tried 2 MCOR ones one one new one used
Has a MCOR two. That I had laying around and it rads the same thing.
Makes now spence to me
HELP!!! Lol
Old 07-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #14
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

BREAKING NEWS!!!!'
After repeatedly a shiny the owner of the cart what he did to the cart. He added to to the list. Solenoid, MCOR,key switch and the kicker A COMPLETE WIRE HARNESS.
Now asking you experts. Is there anything in line on some harnesses that would add or subtract reimsistace? I know some used a TPS harness . I'm not sure if this vary has or should have something. He is bringing his old harness to me late tonight . He said its cut to pieces but maybe I can see something that would cause this problem.
Thanks to all helping. Hopefully I can get this figured out. Now it's a battle on will I let the cart beat me lol.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It could very well be the harness if he did not install an IQ harness.

The IQ harness has a dedicated return negative for the throttle, the TPS and Excel harness have a shared negative for the throttle, the speed sensor and the yellow-black optional battery meter negative on the dash harness.

With the 16-pin controller connector disconnected, Test the continuity between the purple wire pin#3 and the negative black wire of the speed sensor 3-pin connector.

If You have an IQ harness, there should be no continuity.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #16
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

There's no continuity between purple pin 3 and ground. But I did notice there is inot continuity each color wire (yellow,white,purple) between the 3 pin and 16 pin while disconnected. With my digital VOM the reading goes straight to 0.00 then increases to 0.45 ohms. On each wire . If I use the tone/ continuity tester they do not register. But remember with testing at the disconnected 26 pin plug I get readings a little higher than in suppose to but it does increase and decrease with pedal being pressed .
I also did done other tests. Like earlier I tester between white and yellow,
Purp and white and purp and white. This time I tested at the MCOR by probing the wire. The readings are each are around a 1000 ohm different
What can be inline causing this difference? If no suggestions I'll pull batteries out any trace down each wire
Old 07-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The resistance test should be between pin #3 of the 16 pin connector and the black wire of the speed sensor 3-pin connector (not ground or any other negative).

What we are trying to determine is if those 2 pins share a common connection.

Please check your multi-meter scale, because if that measurement from Controller 16-pin connector and MCOR 3 pin connector is 0.45KΩ or 450Ω in each wire, You have an Excel harness and the issue are the 453Ω resistors near the 3-pin MCOR connector.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #18
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Just found the resistors. Can they just be taken out or there other issues ?
Old 07-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #19
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

You mentioned that there will be continuity between the speeds sensor black and pin 3. Obviously there are other differences with the harnesses. Can the resistors be taken out and other changes be made? Should the harness come out and buy the IQ harness
Always happens when trying to help a friend out . Thought I was just going to put my programmer on it for a quick diagnosis
Old 07-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You are using the Black Curtis 1510 IQ controller, those resistors do not belong there and should be removed.

Could You please take a picture showing the location of the resistors and post it?

This has come up before and It would be nice to have a picture to help future members.

The other differences in the harness related to the throttle negative will not be an issue with the stock 1510 controller. It would be an issue with some aftermarket controllers.

Tags
club car throttle fault
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car